Turn on thread page Beta

does anybody have an unconditional offer to oxford? watch

ReputationRep:
    How many times do you have to be told that it's not just the grades that matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    How many times do you have to be told that it's not just the grades that matter?

grades dont matter???r u sure?i fink u find they do.they only way to seperate ppl with 3-4 A's is in the interview yes bcause they hav similar grades.

ReputationRep:
    at least we know YOU won't be going to oxford any time soon

ReputationRep:
    corse.....i brag bout get 12a*'s at gcse and 5A's at aleval so i shud get in

ReputationRep:
    Some people apply post a level, in which case offers are bound to be unconditional

ReputationRep:
    If i'm not mistaken, some 'matriculation' offers of EE are given to candidates judged to be exceptional, so one or two people in the country may have been accepted without interview, although I doubt it'll be very many if any at all...

ReputationRep:
    exactly. my point pip shud really get accetped.bcuz he isnt 18 and got 3 A's.he is 15 and got A in maths and A in further maths. wen he is 18 he will have more. he has shown is exceptionally as he did the maths senior chalenge the other da and got 121.pretty gud

ReputationRep:
    altho i duno wot it was out of

ReputationRep:
    Who is this prodigy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    If i'm not mistaken, some 'matriculation' offers of EE are given to candidates judged to be exceptional, so one or two people in the country may have been accepted without interview, although I doubt it'll be very many if any at all...
    You are right. Wouldn't it be absolutely spectacular to get a EE offer!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Who is this prodigy?

the prodigy is pip millington. he is known on here as 'mince pi'.

ReputationRep:
    i kno not many people will get an unconditional offer for gettin 3 A's. but i fink they wud hav to b exceptional ie show talen at earlier age than usal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phenomenom)
    grades dont matter???r u sure?i fink u find they do.
    Read what I wrote again. I said it's not just the grades that matter. Everyone has similar grades, and while your friend may be exceptional in Maths, it is still highly unlikely he'll get an unconditional without interview.

Theone - I know they do give EE offers, but I always assumed they were given post-interview - there's only so much you can tell from a UCAS form and personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but I will because if they don't give me an uncond I am going to sue their sorry ass for discriminating against me. Then im going to go to the press and sell my story. Then im going to take them to court for breaching my human rights. Then if I still don't get in I am going to kill myself because nothing else in life is important - lets face it unless you have been to oxford you are going to be homeless and live a horrible life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Not yet but I will because if they don't give me an uncond I am going to sue their sorry ass for discriminating against me. Then im going to go to the press and sell my story. Then im going to take them to court for breaching my human rights. Then if I still don't get in I am going to kill myself because nothing else in life is important - lets face it unless you have been to oxford you are going to be homeless and live a horrible life.

Me too coz I just know they wont take me due to my wearing of navy socks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Sounds like a plan. I'm going to buy a yacht.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Sounds like a plan. I'm going to buy a yacht.
    And I a torch.

ReputationRep:
    had one since i was ten years old man, you cant beat a bit of puff, to get you through......................... ....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.