The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well personally i'm going for the single room option hopefully but it all depends on want you want? Like our you used to having your own space or do you share a room at room? Do you think you could cope with someone who is very messy/noicey/smelly/you just really dislike? But on the other hand if financies are very tight it may be best to spend that £10 on food/drink/going out?

I think you should draw up a list with all the pro and cons of each on it and hopefully you may be able to decide better from that. Sorry this probably didn't really help much.
this ^^^^
(edited 3 years ago)
How is £10 a significant difference to have your own room? That's the same as buying a coffee every day.
Reply 4
Hmm..thanks for the replies.

I think I could cope with it, I mean, all you really need to do in your room is sleep in it. If it was really bad I could just spend the day out of my room.

I do have my own room at home, and have never shared for longer than a few weeks..

£10 a week. £40 a month. It's a LOT. Coffee every day would be a luxury, I wouldn't even consider getting that. I don't spend much.

I guess...no-one has shared a room and could say what it might be like?

thanks again for the replies, though. The real question is how much is privacy worth to me, I suppose. But I would like to hear from someone who has shared, if there are any.
Reply 5
I've never shared, but i have a friend who did, and he said it was awful. His roommate didnt go out all that much, so whenever he wanted some time alone in his room he never got it, and when his roommate did go out he would come in drunk and wake him up. Also, when his girlfriend came to stay it was either really awkward or they had to try and arrange for him to go somewhere else, and they hardly ever had sex cos of it.
Also, they didnt get on at all, and argued all the time about tidying, noise etc and cos they were in the same room they couldn't get away from each other.
Reply 6
Actually I would start killing people if there were no private space for me.
That's hardly anything. You might as well get the single room for a difference of £10 a week. If it was more like £100 a month, I would say go for shared, but a piddling little £40 a month is nothing considering you're apying £100 a week in tuition fees already.

Latest

Trending

Trending