Turn on thread page Beta

So I guess I'm not going to Oxford after all... watch

ReputationRep:
    Sent my written work off on Friday by DHL. Called them up and asked what I had to cross off to get it to the college by Saturday at noon. "mid day delivery" they said. And today I called them up asking if it got there OK, and they answer "you crossed off mid day delivery that's only for working days, if it had to be there by Saturday you should have crossed of Saturday delivery". Hah.
    My parents are more upset than me though. Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    That is like Über harsh....bloody DHL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Sent my written work off on Friday by DHL. Called them up and asked what I had to cross off to get it to the college by Saturday at noon. "mid day delivery" they said. And today I called them up asking if it got there OK, and they answer "you crossed off mid day delivery that's only for working days, if it had to be there by Saturday you should have crossed of Saturday delivery". Hah.
    I doubt that because your work arrives there late you've missed your chance, and if it is indeed so then you're probably better of elsewhere to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Is written work so crucial to the process? You could simply bring the work to the interview...

ReputationRep:
    Call up the college and explain, they will probably be very understanding - in the end you had posted your work on time so you should be fine. I'm sure the college wont mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I doubt that because your work arrives there late you've missed your chance, and if it is indeed so then you're probably better of elsewhere to be honest.
    because I sent it off late, or because they're harsh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Ow. That's harsh. I'm sure Oxford won't mind that much though - have you called them to explain what's happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ++Hex++)
    Ow. That's harsh. I'm sure Oxford won't mind that much though - have you called them to explain what's happened?
    It's Sunday, shouldn't I at least wait until Monday?

ReputationRep:
    You might as well try and if you can't get through call on Monday - the earlier you get this sorted out the better

ReputationRep:
    well it is like 20 to 6 on a sunday evening :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    i wouldnt worry theyll let you off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i wouldnt worry theyll let you off
    why would they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    because I sent it off late, or because they're harsh?
    Because they're harsh of course, it's just a shame you and most of the other people in this forum are so hellbent on going there. It's really quite tiring as 90% of this forum is about oxbridge. Take a look at the greater scheme of things people, there is life outside oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there will be quite a few people whose work doesn't get there on time because of the postal strike and such. I really wouldn't worry about it, it wasn't like it was an exam - I'm sure you'll be surprised by how understanding the college will be - I'm sure they realise that majority of the oxbridge students wouldn't risk sending it off late (as Petrozzi said majority of them are hellbent on getting in!).

ReputationRep:
    my mom, who's a lawyer, just sent of a fax telling DHL she'll hold them responsible if Oxford won't consider my application/written work. The call was made from her office -and picture this - they have it on tape! LOL, I had no idea they kept records of their calls. Go mom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    my mom, who's a lawyer, just sent of a fax telling DHL she'll hold them responsible if Oxford won't consider my application/written work. The call was made from her office -and picture this - they have it on tape! LOL, I had no idea they kept records of their calls. Go mom.
    Dear God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    if youre so professional why did you leave it so late to send off the work? it would make me chuckle sadistically if you werent given an interview because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Just email the admissions tutor for your college of choice explaining what has happened -- I am sure it won't be a problem.

The email format for Oxford is [email protected] .uk

You are not alone in being a bit late, someone from my school (here in Oxford) had to rush down to his college to hand his in yesterday morning, and I only got mine in after school on Thursday.... and we don't have the excuse of living hundreds of miles away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Dear God.
    Come on, It is funny, isn't it? Particularily the fact that my mom is more upset than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    if youre so professional why did you leave it so late to send off the work? it would make me chuckle sadistically if you werent given an interview because of it.
    Well said; I agree completely!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.