The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
edders
if youre so professional why did you leave it so late to send off the work? it would make me chuckle sadistically if you werent given an interview because of it.

Because my econmics teacher hadn't given me back a test I'd done in September which I was sending in. I got in on Friday morining at sent it off at noon.
Reply 21
Linda
Come on, It is funny, isn't it? Particularily the fact that my mom is more upset than me.

You probably suit oxbridge down to the ground if you're prepared to enter the murky world of law for your place.
Reply 22
Tek
Well said; I agree completely!

gee, thanks.
Reply 23
Petrozzi
You probably suit oxbridge down to the ground if you're prepared to enter the murky world of law for your place.

I'm not, my mom is.
Reply 24
Petrozzi

Oh, how it smacks of Candice Clarke!
Reply 25
Tek

I think it sucks personally, to the point where I pity. But it's okay, if these people don't think they can succeed in life without oxbridge then so be it. :smile:
Reply 26
Tek

Who?
Reply 27
Linda
Who?

English girl gets a bunch of A's at A-Level,
English girl gets rejected,
English girl cries to media,
English girl accuses oxbridge of being elitist,
English girl manages to get a place at Harvard due to a sympathy vote.
Reply 28
Linda
Who?

*sigh*

Tek
Don't you just hate it when people (CANDICE CLARKE) run crying to the press because they get 4 or 5 As (5 in her case) at A2 level but are rejected by Oxbridge? If you don't get in then bad luck. Oxbridge gets thousands of applicants and almost all of them are predicted straight As at A2; it is impossible for them to accept everyone.

People like Miss Clarke need to grow up and realise that almost all decisions for places are based on interviews. Look at the Laura Spence case: Oxford rejected her because they thought that she was not terribly enthusiastic about studying Medicine (a fact confirmed when she went to Harvard to read biochemistry).

Why then, must people like Miss Clarke and Miss Spence run to the press crying come results day? Don't they realise that in order to read oversubscribed courses such as Medicine at Oxbridge they need a little more than straight As? If you ever read this, Miss Clarke, then please heed my advice and grow up! She claims that she 'worked hard' and 'deserved a place'. Well so what? Everyone who applies to Oxbridge works hard and everyone thinks they are entitled to a place. You don't always get your own way in life: so deal with it and don't run off to the press to complain!

</rant>
Linda
Who?

Candice Clarke got A's for A levels but was rejected by Cambridge for medicine..so she went crying to the press. I'm glad, because someone hoping not to be just 'another doctor' but be something special sure is arrogant.

Cambridge have the right idea when picking candidates..PLUS, they can't reject you if it wasn't your fault. Your mum is obviously over reacting.. Wouldn't blame her though, I would do the same if I was a parent..
Reply 30
Petrozzi
I think it sucks personally, to the point where I pity. But it's okay, if these people don't think they can succeed in life without oxbridge then so be it. :smile:

Exactly. What's wrong with going to a Norwegian Uni anyway?
Reply 31
Petrozzi

Ah. Kinda like the British version of Blair Hornstine then.
Reply 32
Petrozzi

It was the other one Laura Spence who got the place at Harvard, Candice was the one who said something about 'how Cambridge would regret her rejection after she wins a nobel prize' :rolleyes:
jndikum
Candice Clarke got 6 A's for A levels but was rejected by Cambridge for medicine..so she went crying to the press. I'm glad, because someone hoping not to be just 'another doctor' but be something special sure is arrogant.

Cambridge have the right idea when picking candidates..PLUS, they can't reject you if it wasn't your fault. Your mum is obviously over reacting.. Wouldn't blame her though, I would do the same if I was a parent..
Reply 34
Tek
Exactly. What's wrong with going to a Norwegian Uni anyway?

They don't offer PPE, that's what's wrong with it. And just for the record, I'd be just as happy going to Durham or Warwick or something, as long as I could study PPE.
Reply 35
Lucy
It was the other one Laura Spence who got the place at Harvard, Candice was the one who said something about 'how Cambridge would regret her rejection after she wins a nobel prize' :rolleyes:

Ah okay, similar types of ego anyway. :tongue:
Reply 36
Linda
They don't offer PPE, that's what's wrong with it. And just for the record, I'd be just as happy going to Durham or Warwick or something, as long as I could study PPE.

So if you're not that bothered about going to Oxford, then why are you making such a big fuss about your written work?
Reply 37
Lucy

wasn't Laura Spence the one who kicked up a fuss when she was rejected, but ended up not getting As anyway...?

lou xxx
Reply 38
Linda

Then why start a post looking for sympathy in a grim fashion later to add that your mother would take legal action if you weren't offered an interview?
Reply 39
Petrozzi

I agree in the sense that I find all this oxbridge stuff boring but that is only because it is not relevant to me. Although I was against the idea of having sub-forums, it might be a good idea to have an oxbridge sub-forum simply because of the sheer numbers of threads that are relating to it.

Linda - good luck, hope you get it sorted :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending