Turn on thread page Beta

So I guess I'm not going to Oxford after all... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    So if you're not that bothered about going to Oxford, then why are you making such a big fuss about your written work?
    For God's ake, I'm not, my parents are! I actually think it's quite funny (in a sad, ironic way, but still...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Then why start a post looking for sympathy in a grim fashion later to add that your mother would take legal action if you weren't offered an interview?
    stop asking awkward questions...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Laura Spence did manage to get her 5 A grades - but she was blatantly not commited to medicine having taken up the offer at Harvard for biochem :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Then why start a post looking for sympathy in a grim fashion later to add that your mother would take legal action if you weren't offered an interview?
    Why I added it later was because she called me from work after I had started this thread and told me. I thought it was funny, so I posted it. And I wasn't really looking for symphaty, geez, I mean, this is an internet forum afterall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Laura Spence did manage to get her 5 A grades - but she was blatantly not commited to medicine having taken up the offer at Harvard for biochem :rolleyes:
    does harvard offer medicine at undergraduate level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    does harvard offer medicine at undergraduate level?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    yes, i presume so.

love maskall ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    yep
    I gues theu offer what they call pre-med, but you don't have to declare your major until sophomore year anyways (or so I thought).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I gues theu offer what they call pre-med, but you don't have to declare your major until sophomore year anyways (or so I thought).
    As far as I know (not really accustomed with how they do it in America), she would have to get through the biochemistry part and then apply for the medical course which would be more competitive - so there would be a likely chance of not getting in to study medicine. Not really sure though but she did comment that she chose biochem to keep her options open which implies that biochem is not a premed course.

ReputationRep:
    Jaysus, so you're not allowed to be even a bit dissapointed about the fact that you might not even get the chance to be considered by your first choice uni?

It's not like she's having a nervous breakdown about it for fecks sake.

Some people... this country.... etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is only available as a postgrad course in the States. I mean yea you can do Pre-Med but it's not the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Jaysus, so you're not allowed to be even a bit dissapointed about the fact that you might not even get the chance to be considered by your first choice uni?

It's not like she's having a nervous breakdown about it for fecks sake.

Some people... this country.... etc etc.
    Thanks Kildare, but really, it's OK. The only post I found a bit offensive was Tek's "what's wrong with going to uni in Norway anyway" which in my mind translated into "why don't you go back to where you come from".

ReputationRep:
    I thought there were quite a few "(f**ck)witty" comments to be honest but meh whatever, at the end of the day you should be fine, I know someone who got the deadline extended by a week (although to be fair he did have to translate all his work) so well "yes".

ReputationRep:
    Probably already been said (since I cant' be bothered to read the whole thread) but the same thing has happened to my friend...his essays were late but he called the college up and they were great about it - you should do the same thing, explain your situation...I'm sure they'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Probably already been said (since I cant' be bothered to read the whole thread) but the same thing has happened to my friend...his essays were late but he called the college up and they were great about it - you should do the same thing, explain your situation...I'm sure they'll understand.
    Yeh its no biggie....the essays aren't even that important really, just as long as you made an effort to get them there on time it shouldn't matter. To which college have you applied???

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    There's a big postal backlog in oxford after the strikes, I don't think the colleges actually know whether their letters requesting written work have reached their applicants or not!
    The letter I got requesting written work is dated 7th Nov and only got here on ****ing Tuesday (13th), the college secretary could've walked up here to give it me and back down to oxford by that time lol.
    So if written work arrives only 2 days late, they shouldn't care much, just reassure them that you are of no Israeli descent and it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emporium)
    There's a big postal backlog in oxford after the strikes, I don't think the colleges actually know whether their letters requesting written work have reached their applicants or not!
    The letter I got requesting written work is dated 7th Nov and only got here on ****ing Tuesday (13th), the college secretary could've walked up here to give it me and back down to oxford by that time lol.
    So if written work arrives only 2 days late, they shouldn't care much, just reassure them that you are of no Israeli descent and it'll be fine

Oooooh, scandalous........ :eek:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Yeh its no biggie....the essays aren't even that important really, just as long as you made an effort to get them there on time it shouldn't matter. To which college have you applied???

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Me? Clare college cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Me? Clare college cambridge.
    Well I didn't mean you I meant Linda but that's cool - my friend Natalie is a Land Economy fresher there and i think she's doing OK.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Well I didn't mean you I meant Linda but that's cool - my friend Natalie is a Land Economy fresher there and i think she's doing OK.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Teddy Hall.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.