The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lucy
Laura Spence did manage to get her 5 A grades - but she was blatantly not commited to medicine having taken up the offer at Harvard for biochem :rolleyes:

that fukwit went to the states to do undergrad biochem, whereas she had 2-3 other offers for medicine here in the uk. Everyone knows it doesn't really make a big difference where you study medicine in the uk, and she decided to reject all the other 3 and not do medicine in the us. Now she's finished (apparently struggled) her Harvard course, she wants to return to the uk to do medicine, hope if she applies to any of the same unis that they reject her outright for being a fuking crybaby troublemaker.
Reply 61
I was told the head of admissions at Teddy Hall had actually gone on holiday but to be honest that does seem a bit unlikely. I was also told he's a bit of a bastard but well yea that's besides the point.
kildare
I was told the head of admissions at Teddy Hall had actually gone on holiday but to be honest that does seem a bit unlikely. I was also told he's a bit of a bastard but well yea that's besides the point.

OK linda....teddy hall email addresses are [email protected]
Are u applying for ppe???? if so you might be interviewed by stephen blamey - he is absolutely the most insane person i have met ecer but completely lovely

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 63
hildabeast
OK linda....teddy hall email addresses are [email protected]
Are u applying for ppe???? if so you might be interviewed by stephen blamey - he is absolutely the most insane person i have met ecer but completely lovely

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I know, why I chose Teddy in the first place!
Linda
I know, why I chose Teddy in the first place!

Strange for someone who is a logic genius he is just about the most illogical person you will ever meet!!!

If you get in you will probably be taught at St Hilda's for most of the philsophy side of the course because the teaching between the two colleges is joint and Ted Hall doesn't have many tutors on the non-logic side of things I think.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 65
DanMushMan
that fukwit went to the states to do undergrad biochem, whereas she had 2-3 other offers for medicine here in the uk. Everyone knows it doesn't really make a big difference where you study medicine in the uk, and she decided to reject all the other 3 and not do medicine in the us. Now she's finished (apparently struggled) her Harvard course, she wants to return to the uk to do medicine, hope if she applies to any of the same unis that they reject her outright for being a fuking crybaby troublemaker.

Now THAT was funny.
Tek
Now THAT was funny.

Laura Spence really managed to damage access intiatives in Oxford and undo all the hard work that so many peope had put in to making the admissions process as fair as possible. She, her headteacher and the Chancellor should be ashamed at the number of people they have put off applying.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 67
hildabeast
Laura Spence really managed to damage access intiatives in Oxford and undo all the hard work that so many peope had put in to making the admissions process as fair as possible. She, her headteacher and the Chancellor should be ashamed at the number of people they have put off applying.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

*sigh*

Tek
Don't you just hate it when people (CANDICE CLARKE) run crying to the press because they get 4 or 5 As (5 in her case) at A2 level but are rejected by Oxbridge? If you don't get in then bad luck. Oxbridge gets thousands of applicants and almost all of them are predicted straight As at A2; it is impossible for them to accept everyone.

People like Miss Clarke need to grow up and realise that almost all decisions for places are based on interviews. Look at the Laura Spence case: Oxford rejected her because they thought that she was not terribly enthusiastic about studying Medicine (a fact confirmed when she went to Harvard to read biochemistry).

Why then, must people like Miss Clarke and Miss Spence run to the press crying come results day? Don't they realise that in order to read oversubscribed courses such as Medicine at Oxbridge they need a little more than straight As? If you ever read this, Miss Clarke, then please heed my advice and grow up! She claims that she 'worked hard' and 'deserved a place'. Well so what? Everyone who applies to Oxbridge works hard and everyone thinks they are entitled to a place. You don't always get your own way in life: so deal with it and don't run off to the press to complain!

</rant>
The funny thing is that Laura Spence was also rejected by Nottingham and some other uni...never see anyone whinging about that. :P

a.
Reply 69
Tek
Why then, must people like Miss Clarke and Miss Spence run to the press crying come results day?
I've got a degree of sympathy with both of them.

Firstly, because Ms Spence, recipient of a lot of abuse on this thread, apparently never wanted any of the publicity - it was all down to her headteacher.

Secondly, although I have no reason to doubt their rejections were fair, I'm totally sick of listening to braying public school types using the fact that these particular rejections were not unfair as absolute evidence of the fairness of the oxbridge application system as well as the education system in general.

Latest

Trending

Trending