The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni after 2 years...?

Basically my sister hates uni now, she's in her second year and wants to drop out as she hates her course (primary education) and know's 100% she doesn't want to teach. She said she can't stick it out for another year, but my parents are wondering if its true that after 2 years drop outs still get some sort of diploma that shows you've given it a good go? We're all just wondering as it could persuade her to stay until summer, so she has something to show for it.

Or is this untrue...? Thanks.
She can continue the course without the QTS element, which would mean she wouldn't have to do any placements. That might help her stick it out as the placements are rather tough going, especially if you are certain it isn't what you want to do.

She wouldn't be qualified to teach, but at least she would have a degree.
Reply 2
balloon_parade
She can continue the course without the QTS element, which would mean she wouldn't have to do any placements. That might help her stick it out as the placements are rather tough going, especially if you are certain it isn't what you want to do.

She wouldn't be qualified to teach, but at least she would have a degree.

It's the placement thats really put her off, and she's got another one when she goes back on monday for 7 weeks and ive never seen someone so depressed!

But thanks that's really interesting, i'll look into it and let my parents/sis know!
sc8880
It's the placement thats really put her off, and she's got another one when she goes back on monday for 7 weeks and ive never seen someone so depressed!

But thanks that's really interesting, i'll look into it and let my parents/sis know!

Ask her to arrange a meeting with her tutor or head of year, they will be able to offer her options that her university offer. No point wasting 2 years of hard work! It's called the non-QTS route :smile:
Shouldn't she get some kind of diploma of higher education or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending