The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its hard to predict what you need to revise and what you don't; it seems to put alot of unnecessary stuff in. I'm just skipping the rather general knowledge bits. All of my revision books are CGP.
Reply 81
Well, you don't need all of it as obviously, the publishers don't know what the exam boards are going to ask you to do, e.g we don't need to know mechanisms this year, but last year they needed to.
So help me, maybe I should know this, but what is it exactly we need to know for this year? I know we need to know blow moulding but thats all I know.
Reply 83
Stuff like printing effects and processes, CAD/CAM, orthographic projection.
Oh right, ok. Its probably the most boring revision I'll have to do actually - which is fresh for graphics!!
Reply 85
I can think of worse revision to do, lol!!
Reply 86
Grr, I really don't know how to revise for Graphics *thinks*
Reply 87
I know exactly what you mean!!!
Reply 88
It is because there isn't a "fixed" syllabus, I mean, you just can't learn all the revision guide because not everything will be relavent!
Reply 89
Yay graphics! lol

I think I got 90 out of 95 in the coursework and so and I need 85 - 90 % in the exam to get an A*. I think im predicted an A*, but I genuinly don't believe I can get it, sadly. :frown: This is because, as many of you already pointed out, there is no fixed specification and the subject seems to throw up nasty surprises every year.

Anyway, for my coursework...
I made stuff for a restaurant and a hotel.

Menu

Brochure

Reply 90
Wow, very impressive! Goodness, if you got 90/95 in the coursework and you need 85% in the exam, then that is steep! I would have thought it was less than that.
Wow, that brilliant.
To expand: I think its really professional. Its clean and easy to read and its appealing to the eye and it breaths quality. Thats why its good.

How did you get it up? I'll post a photo of my final model and packaging if u want.
Reply 93
I used adobe photoshop and some images I took and some I found on the net. The main thing I like to focus on, is using simple colours for all design work, and then using them in simple and clearly defined way, to get that 'stylish' look. All the colour comes from the images.

Yea sure. (lol my model was quite pathetic actaully, the 2D items and the graphics saved it a bit, but my making skills aren't exactly very good :s-smilie:)
Reply 94
Yes, I would agree with the above, I am off to see the grade boundaries for last year's exam.
Reply 95
Wow, thats professional my freind. Congrats!
Reply 96
here you go, this is made from last year's grade boundries actaully. All the UMS stuff has been integrated into it, so if the grade boundries are reapeted this year, then it is perfectly accurate.

Reply 97
Hmm, well I have just looked on the website, and it says if you got full marks for coursework (scaled marks 210), you just needed a D in the exam to get an A* (that was for last year).
Reply 98
lol how does that work? You need 317 (scaled) overall for an A*. If you get 210 then you still need 107 (scaled) more. That is 107/140 (scaled) which works out to be about 95/125 (raw ie. exam mark) and that is 77%. Surely, 77%, isn't a D?
I can't ut a photo up the file is too big. The largest file you can put up is 100. Mines 700!! lol. Unless there's another way of doing it I can't pu it up.

Don't forget the grade boundries change each year. A* id the highest 5% of the population or somewhere near it isn't it?

Latest