Turn on thread page Beta

anyone going to london on thursday to protest against George W.? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    me and a few friends are thinking about going down --anyone nkow any details of whats goin on? last i herd, hte pigs were trying to crush all demonstrations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    me and a few friends are thinking about going down --anyone nkow any details of whats goin on? last i herd, hte pigs were trying to crush all demonstrations...
    Woohoo!! someone else who is going

Yeah I'm going with a large group. It should be good if they let us go outside Parliament. Meet at Malet Street at 2pm.

We're making a HUGE banner.. lol.. but we haven't got a slogan yet

More info at http://www.stopthewar.org/

ReputationRep:
    Thursday, doh! That's my Manchester interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Woohoo!! someone else who is going

Yeah I'm going with a large group. It should be good if they let us go outside Parliament. Meet at Malet Street at 2pm.

We're making a HUGE banner.. lol.. but we haven't got a slogan yet

More info at http://www.stopthewar.org/
    hurah! someone else! althoug, theres nothing more damaging to the anti-war movement that tacky slogans, so be careful, for image's sake :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Thursday, doh! That's my Manchester interview!
    unlucky! i think there might be stuff happening friday as well, though!
    good luck on thursday

ReputationRep:
    hurah! someone else! althoug, theres nothing more damaging to the anti-war movement that tacky slogans, so be careful, for image's sake :rolleyes:
    Lol!! I don't do tacky..

Do you what speakers are going to be there?

ReputationRep:
    unlucky! i think there might be stuff happening friday as well, though!
    good luck on thursday
    Thanks!

-----

My mate goes to quite a few demos of this nature (he's Iraqi) and he says what annoys him most is people with their tacky rhyming chants and slogans, when the Muslims are shouting their hearts out in strong Arabic... he cracks me up telling me the sort of things people come up with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol!! I don't do tacky..

Do you what speakers are going to be there?
    thank god for that!

nope, no idea, all i know is i might be there! now where did i put those eggs.....?

ReputationRep:
    thank god for that!

nope, no idea, all i know is i might be there! now where did i put those eggs.....?
    Lol!
    Well Vienna is organising a welcoming party for him.. that should be interesting..

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably get shot by the americans for throwing eggs. To answer the question i am unfortunatel unable to go as i will be doing my mundane job :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Thanks!

-----

My mate goes to quite a few demos of this nature (he's Iraqi) and he says what annoys him most is people with their tacky rhyming chants and slogans, when the Muslims are shouting their hearts out in strong Arabic... he cracks me up telling me the sort of things people come up with...
    i just htink that things like

"one, two three, four,
    we dont want your bloody war
    five six seven eight,
    stop the killing stop the hate"

do sweet FA fro the campaign, and degrade those singing it! unfortunate but true - who says protesters shouldn't have PR managers! lol

ReputationRep:
    i just htink that things like

"one, two three, four,
    we dont want your bloody war
    five six seven eight,
    stop the killing stop the hate"

do sweet FA fro the campaign, and degrade those singing it! unfortunate but true - who says protesters shouldn't have PR managers! lol
    So do you have any "non-tacky" suggestions for a slogan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol!
    Well Vienna is organising a welcoming party for him.. that should be interesting..
    UR KIDDING?!
    is she either american, or really right-wing? i cant tell, but she seems fairly politically extreme from her posts!
    not that that shouldnt be allowed or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    So do you have any "non-tacky" suggestions for a slogan?
    er....

hmm, got me there!
    personally, i think it'd be better to have a live debate with bush -one on one, with someone who knows the history, the politics etc.

yeah, like he'll let that happen!!!

ReputationRep:
    WHAT is the POINT! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    in what?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a non-tacky one:

<clears throat>

F*CK BUSH!!!

<turns up collar>

Another Street Soldier Production...

ReputationRep:
    me and a few friends are thinking about going down --

lol

ReputationRep:
    They can't ignore us even if they don't listen to us. If you feel strongly about something you shouldn't sit back and do nothing. People in other countries (like Iraq) are being put in prison and tortured just because they want free speech. So now we got that right shouldn't we try and use it on behalf of others?

ReputationRep:
    Why the :rolleyes:, I always admire people who actually have the willpower to make their opinions known, regardless of whether or not I agree with them. What's the point in freedom of speech if everyone decides that theres is "no point to protest" and just accepts the status quo.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.