anyone going to london on thursday to protest against George W.?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I feel sorry for the thousands of people that are gonna have to go with out a lot of stuff due to the cost of the "spectacular"...It's sickening how people can be so selfish, all the things they did today, all the mess they made, the writing on the floor of trafalfar square, the fires they started....that doesn't go away for free, people are paid for that and that money is coming outta the government, that money could have paid for the staff at hospitals so sorely needed or money that could of gone towards bringing back student grants. Shame on you
Lol.. hold on isn't BUSH the one who has brought his circus with him.. that's costing the government a hell of a lot..
And do you know how many millions were spent on war?? The demonstration didn't cost anything compared to that.. so if your so concerned about staff at hospitals and student grants then maybe you should be asking Blair why he decided to back an ILLEGAL war in the first place..
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Blair isnt a complete ******, yes he mucked up on the war situation and foundation hospitals but i prefer him to the tory times before him
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
ILLEGAL war in the first place..
Illegal war? Please girl if you even knew half the stuff they know about terrorist organizations you'd be ******** yourself. Believe me I know my dad is a world expert in it.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Corrupt authority? Please I'm not an anarchist, anarchy is what u get when you have a country full of stupid people with no discipline...yeah sure blair and bush have made some rash desicions but they were elected.....and that was up to you and your parents.
You may say your parents and you didn't elect them well someone bloody well did...and they seem to be a majority
Democracy-Majority rules
Bush wasn't democratically elected.. read up on it. He stole the Presidency from Gore because of disputed votes in Florida.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I feel sorry for the thousands of people that are gonna have to go with out a lot of stuff due to the cost of the "spectacular"...It's sickening how people can be so selfish, all the things they did today, all the mess they made, the writing on the floor of trafalfar square, the fires they started....that doesn't go away for free, people are paid for that and that money is coming outta the government, that money could have paid for the staff at hospitals so sorely needed or money that could of gone towards bringing back student grants. Shame on you
its all very well saying that, but you must remember that the very REASON for these protests - Gerge Bush's visit, is costing AT LEAST £5m, without consideration for the protest damages.

ui feel sorry for all of US that will have to go without a few new hospitals due to the cost of the whole fiasco!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Illegal war? Please girl if you even knew half the stuff they know about terrorist organizations you'd be ******** yourself. Believe me I know my dad is a world expert in it.
yes but the IRAQ war was based on weapons of mass destruction and being a threat to us, which is certainly not true due to no evidence of WMD being found

the war against terrorism has moral justification, but in turn ignites the fire even more
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/...089180,00.html

..yeah you've reminded us a few times :rolleyes:
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
its all very well saying that, but you must remember that the very REASON for these protests - Gerge Bush's visit, is costing AT LEAST £5m, without consideration for the protest damages.

ui feel sorry for all of US that will have to go without a few new hospitals due to the cost of the whole fiasco!
Actually, Britain is footing the cleaning and police bill actually..
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
Blair isnt a complete ******, yes he mucked up on the war situation and foundation hospitals but i prefer him to the tory times before him
he started good, and is on the road to wnakerdom, i'd say. i know i wouldn't vote for him now, when i might have done in the past, lets put it that way. the question is, who to vote for? none of them seem any good any more - labour is on the right, tories are tories, and the lib dems have got no fire or passion! tough one...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/...089180,00.html

..yeah you've reminded us a few times :rolleyes:
Sorry I hope I won't offend you when I say I'd rather read a paper where they've been taught to read and write properly and don't dedicate a whole column to spelling mistakes.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol lib dems spend most of their time pulling the splinters outta their arses from sitting on the fence too long
guess_who
Report 17 years ago
Corrupt authority? Please I'm not an anarchist, anarchy is what u get when you have a country full of stupid people with no discipline...yeah sure blair and bush have made some rash desicions but they were elected.....and that was up to you and your parents.
You may say your parents and you didn't elect them well someone bloody well did...and they seem to be a majority
Democracy-Majority rules
yes i bloody agree. GO DANI!!!

i find it ironic how these people bum balir and bush to become eladers, then complain later on.

ohh yes, and "www.stopthewar.org"

YOU PEOPLE WHO GO DOWN TO THIS PROTEST ARE ABSOLUTELY PATEHTIC LOSERS, HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PROTEST A WAR THATS ALREADY HAPPENDED.

MY ANALOGY: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN IRAQ.

ITS LIKE: ME GIVING A CHILD A KNIFE, THEN TELLING HIM "GO KILL, GO KILL THAT KID", THEN HE KILLS THAT KID.

YOU LOT AHD CONTROL, AND YOU FAILED

DONT BE SO SAD AS TO PROTEST A WAR THAT HAPPENDED 7 MONTHS AGO.

ITS A LITTLE POINTLESS IF YOU REALISE. WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE. BEING SAD ASSSHOLES WHO ARE ANTI EVERYTHING COZ U HAV NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIVES? LOL...SAD.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sorry I hope I won't offend you when I say I'd rather read a paper where they've been taught to read and write properly and don't dedicate a whole column to spelling mistakes.
Yeah well regardless.. you can't dispute the facts that are in that article
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by guess_who)

i find it ironic how these people bum balir and bush to become eladers, then complain later on.

YOU PEOPLE WHO GO DOWN TO THIS PROTEST ARE ABSOLUTELY PATEHTIC LOSERS, HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PROTEST A WAR THATS ALREADY HAPPENDED.

ITS LIKE: ME GIVING A CHILD A KNIFE, THEN TELLING HIM "GO KILL, GO KILL THAT KID", THEN HE KILLS THAT KID.

ITS A LITTLE POINTLESS IF YOU REALISE. WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE. BEING SAD ASSSHOLES WHO ARE ANTI EVERYTHING COZ U HAV NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIVES? LOL...SAD.
go home young un
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You can disagree with the politics of the Guardian all you want but you can’t argue with the quality of the writing. The reputation for spelling mistakes dates back years and has become more of a joke than anything else now. You’re not going to seriously suggest that a couple of typo’s fundamentally weaken their journalist’s arguments are you?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Actually, Britain is footing the cleaning and police bill actually..
i KNOW! thats my point, not only must we pay £5m for the 'priveldge' of entertaining bush, but we also have to pay for our own actions, and rightly so.
what aint right is that its all DOWN to Bush we must pay this. ergo, bush has cost the UK approx. £6m in 3 days. not bad going georgie!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by guess_who)

No- the protest wasn't to stop the war.. that would be a bit dumb.. cause apparently the war has "ended".
It was to show our views against what Bush had done and what he is planning to do. I don't think you have any idea what your on about.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol lib dems spend most of their time pulling the splinters outta their arses from sitting on the fence too long
You've said that joke a few times now.. its getting old
guess_who
Report 17 years ago
I AGREE! AND JUST TO SHOW, AMERICA ARE ON IRAN'S SIDE AND HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED THEM AS LONG AS I KNOW.......SO AMERICA CANT BE WRONG!!!

AND ANYWAY, WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE WAR. I MEAN, AT LEAST TEHY WERE GETTING OIL OUT OF IT, SO WATS WRONG WITH THAT?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Newsflash for you guys: MARXISM DIDN'T WORK, IT WILL NEVER WORK, FULL STOP...

I bet you "pacifists" if I slapped you round the face would probably slap me back.
Your ideas are lovely I would really like to believe them, but unfortunatley you can't change human nature, we are savages, we are territorial and we look after our own interests. Utopia is merely a very ambitious dream......war is war, we will have wars until the end of the world and I'll tell you something. Nobody is ****ing listening to you! Believe me, if those protests had made one shred of difference, then Blair would have stepped down and Bush would have resignated. But unfortunatley it's all about getting power and you don't have any!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads