anyone going to london on thursday to protest against George W.?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
They can't ignore us even if they don't listen to us. If you feel strongly about something you shouldn't sit back and do nothing. People in other countries (like Iraq) are being put in prison and tortured just because they want free speech. So now we got that right shouldn't we try and use it on behalf of others?
umm... hate to point it out, but isn't that PRO-war?
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
umm... hate to point it out, but isn't that PRO-war?
You lost me there? Whats PRO-war!?
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
for the war
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
for the war
Lol- yeah I got what it meant. I just wanted to know where I was pro-war in my last post..
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elle)
"People in other countries (like Iraq) are being put in prison and tortured just because they want free speech."

just kinda suggests we should "liberate" (aka bomb) them - or am i going crazy?
please point out if i've made a mistake!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
"People in other countries (like Iraq) are being put in prison and tortured just because they want free speech."

just kinda suggests we should "liberate" (aka bomb) them - or am i going crazy?
please point out if i've made a mistake!
Hey just because your anti-war doesn't mean you don't want to liberate the Iraqis. You just don't think bombing them is the way to go about..

I'm sure if Blair wasn't so far up Bush's arse and Bush had half a brain cell they could of figured out a better solution.

I'm definatley NOT Pro-war..
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
sam-its £12 from anchor road- i think we could get maybe jack,george, kate (maybe) us 2, and some others to go. mikes in manchester for is uni interview.

does anyone know where the main body of the protests is going to start?
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elle)
Hey just because your anti-war doesn't mean you don't want to liberate the Iraqis. You just don't think bombing them is the way to go about..

I'm sure if Blair wasn't so far up Bush's arse and Bush had half a brain cell they could of figured out a better solution.

ok, now i getcha!

also, nice sentiments!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)

the only way to liberate them was to go in fighting, can't exactly go in there holding hands and singing peace songs....

i'm anti war because it was fought on the pretense of weapons of mass destruction, which was bull. Bush dont give a damn about the iraqis, which is why the america is so keen to get out of there now when it gets a bit difficult. If saddam had agreed to give up weapons he would still be in power
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Why the :rolleyes:, I always admire people who actually have the willpower to make their opinions known, regardless of whether or not I agree with them. What's the point in freedom of speech if everyone decides that theres is "no point to protest" and just accepts the status quo.
Hehehe, I guess...! people in our country hate too much though, it's really annoying. Nevermind
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No, we didn't have to go in to Iraq guns blazing to liberate the people of Iraq. A calculated assassination operation which actually targeted the key members of the regime would have had the same effect if not better than the operation that was chosen.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
No, we didn't have to go in to Iraq guns blazing to liberate the people of Iraq. A calculated assassination operation which actually targeted the key members of the regime would have had the same effect if not better than the operation that was chosen.
so the question is why didnt they?
answer: beacuse george w. needed to show his strength, and besides

"they hurt my daddy"
George W. Bush
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Hehehe, I guess...! people in our country hate too much though, it's really annoying. Nevermind
I wouldn't equate political protest with "hate" but yes anyways..
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The simple answer they didn't do the assassination attempt is because they're americans. Loud, love war and just love to go and invade countries with all their guns blazing. Plus it's good for the economy.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
yeah so the baat'h party would still be in power. the only way to topple a government would be armed force (like we saw) or a huge propaganda campaign/funding gurreilla fighters which we saw in afgahastan with the soviet invasion, the latter would be v.hard due to the grip saddam had on the country and if people remember a lot of the stinger missles fired at americans were sold to the fighters by america a decade ago
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
yeah so the baat'h party would still be in power. the only way to topple a government would be armed force (like we saw) or a huge propaganda campaign/funding gurreilla fighters which we saw in afgahastan with the soviet invasion, the latter would be v.hard due to the grip saddam had on the country and if people remember a lot of the stinger missles fired at americans were sold to the fighters by america a decade ago
The Ba'ath still have a lot of power in Iraq- the country is a mess and the Party aswell as a lot of terrorist organisation are using it as a cover to reorganise themselves..
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
it does seem to be an american trend doesn't it:

train them, sell them weapons, build defences for them, wait a few years...

then ATTACK! (and make a mess of things)
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Why??

If we get rid of the key members there would have been no-one to motivate the average iraqi to take up arms against the americans and british. The route that was taken has not proved entirely successful. There is still resistance happening every day in iraq and it is turning the Iraqi citizens against the americans not how the americans planned it.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Why??

If we get rid of the key members there would have been no-one to motivate the average iraqi to take up arms against the americans and british. The route that was taken has not proved entirely successful. There is still resistance happening every day in iraq and it is turning the Iraqi citizens against the americans not how the americans planned it.
indeed - more americans killed since the war "ended" than during...
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
How many of the deaths were actually in combat?? Most of the fatalities have been from friendly fire.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%