Turn on thread page Beta

anyone going to london on thursday to protest against George W.? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    EXCLUDED?! what, is your school run by the CIA or something?
    um..there is a chance that our principal might b a prt oif the cIA but i severley doubt it as he is to busy lying with his my little pony. yes i am serious.

no but we have been warned that if anyone miises a day on thursday, they shall b phong home and shall be excluded if found to be demonsrating.

ReputationRep:
    So out of interest Borish what would your ideal anarchic society be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    um..there is a chance that our principal might b a prt oif the cIA but i severley doubt it as he is to busy lying with his my little pony. yes i am serious.

no but we have been warned that if anyone miises a day on thursday, they shall b phong home and shall be excluded if found to be demonsrating.
    on what grounds? (see post to follow in a minute on the law)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    So out of interest Borish what would your ideal anarchic society be like?
    just like russia coming out of communism, you cant rush things.
    im not anti-europe, but i'm against giving all the power to brussels, and thinik it should be slowly given down to first regional government, then local, and eventually dissolved. at the same time, red tape is removed, multi-nationals penalised, and taxes lowered. after what would have a LONG time, it would go back to self-sufficiency and high freedom.

i've probably missed stuff out, but this is a general format

ReputationRep:
    So you'd see your anarchic society living in small communes if i'm not mistaken?

ReputationRep:
    on what grounds? (see post to follow in a minute on the law)
    soz, lost the e-mail.
    it basically sets out the law, and there is nothing your school can technically lawfully do to stop you.

if they count it as truancy, government guidlines forbid expulsion on these grounds.
    if they phone your parents, you are not their responsibility
    if you get your parents permission, this is an authorised absence, and they can't do anything
    they can't stop you leaving by locking you in (this includes school gates), as this is a breach of human rights, asd well as health and safety rules
    they can't physically touch you without good reason (threat to others) as this is assault

there - thats most of it! in short, if you wanna protest, damn well protest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    So you'd see your anarchic society living in small communes if i'm not mistaken?
    hmm, communications should obviously be kept open, as the only way to avoid extremism is to be open to new ideas, other cultures etc, but the POWER should be localised further and further until it disappears.

admittedly a non-multinational worldwide communications company is hard, but i'm not an economist!

like a said, the above is a basic outline, it would need a hell of a lot more thinking about!

ReputationRep:
    Have you read animal farm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Have you read animal farm?
    some animals are more equal than others? hmm, i see your point.

is that a criticism on the grounds its unfair to allow some companies, but penalise others? can you explain more, please? im not ENTIRElY sure what ur getting at...

ReputationRep:
    No, i wasn't getting at anything . I was just asking if you've read the book, because it's quite interesting to see what happened in the example that was given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    No, i wasn't getting at anything . I was just asking if you've read the book, because it's quite interesting to see what happened in the example that was given.
    lol! no, i havent read the whole thing - i just know that quote!

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend it, it's a very good book and not too long either. It would make you think about few things.

The exact quote is:

"all animals are born equal, but some are more equal than others."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I highly recommend it, it's a very good book and not too long either. It would make you think about few things.

The exact quote is:

"all animals are born equal, but some are more equal than others."
    and while your at it read 1984 (if you haven't already)..

..I know its a cliche but if we don't use our right we'll lose them. Orwell was a clever guy- but he's quoted on saying that "pacifism is in fact pro-fascist".. I never understood what he meant by that..

ReputationRep:
    I was going to get 1984 but the library didn't have it so i had to get a different book. Don't really get much time to read now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    and while your at it read 1984 (if you haven't already)..

..I know its a cliche but if we don't use our right we'll lose them. Orwell was a clever guy- but he's quoted on saying that "pacifism is in fact pro-fascist".. I never understood what he meant by that..
    also on my 'to-read list'!
    (i'v heard the plays good too)

no idea about the pro-fascist thing!

ReputationRep:
    note: the politics appear to have died - where's vienna when you need her?! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    note: the politics appear to have died - where's vienna when you need her?! :cool:
    doing work. im not particuarly interested in talking about 1984, again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- I can't argue against liberals!! (cause we know our stuff) lol.. and it's no fun when you don't have a Tory to argue with..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Yeah- I can't argue against liberals!! (cause we know our stuff) lol.. and it's no fun when you don't have a Tory to argue with..
    know your stuff? you must have all been busy overnight!
    you need a tory to have a debate?

ReputationRep:
    talking about the security point bushs team wanted the tube closed, a sterile zone around bush covering most of central london and oh...blackhawk helicopters giving air cover....

what a jerk

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.