The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

El_Borish
EXCLUDED?! what, is your school run by the CIA or something?

um..there is a chance that our principal might b a prt oif the cIA but i severley doubt it as he is to busy lying with his my little pony. yes i am serious.

no but we have been warned that if anyone miises a day on thursday, they shall b phong home and shall be excluded if found to be demonsrating.
Reply 101
So out of interest Borish what would your ideal anarchic society be like?
Reply 102
love_4_ducks
um..there is a chance that our principal might b a prt oif the cIA but i severley doubt it as he is to busy lying with his my little pony. yes i am serious.

no but we have been warned that if anyone miises a day on thursday, they shall b phong home and shall be excluded if found to be demonsrating.

on what grounds? (see post to follow in a minute on the law)
Reply 103
G4ry
So out of interest Borish what would your ideal anarchic society be like?

just like russia coming out of communism, you cant rush things.
im not anti-europe, but i'm against giving all the power to brussels, and thinik it should be slowly given down to first regional government, then local, and eventually dissolved. at the same time, red tape is removed, multi-nationals penalised, and taxes lowered. after what would have a LONG time, it would go back to self-sufficiency and high freedom.

i've probably missed stuff out, but this is a general format :biggrin:
Reply 104
So you'd see your anarchic society living in small communes if i'm not mistaken?
Reply 105
El_Borish
on what grounds? (see post to follow in a minute on the law)

soz, lost the e-mail.
it basically sets out the law, and there is nothing your school can technically lawfully do to stop you.

if they count it as truancy, government guidlines forbid expulsion on these grounds.
if they phone your parents, you are not their responsibility
if you get your parents permission, this is an authorised absence, and they can't do anything
they can't stop you leaving by locking you in (this includes school gates), as this is a breach of human rights, asd well as health and safety rules
they can't physically touch you without good reason (threat to others) as this is assault

there - thats most of it! in short, if you wanna protest, damn well protest!
Reply 106
G4ry
So you'd see your anarchic society living in small communes if i'm not mistaken?

hmm, communications should obviously be kept open, as the only way to avoid extremism is to be open to new ideas, other cultures etc, but the POWER should be localised further and further until it disappears.

admittedly a non-multinational worldwide communications company is hard, but i'm not an economist!

like a said, the above is a basic outline, it would need a hell of a lot more thinking about!
Reply 107
Have you read animal farm?
Reply 108
G4ry
Have you read animal farm?

some animals are more equal than others? hmm, i see your point.

is that a criticism on the grounds its unfair to allow some companies, but penalise others? can you explain more, please? im not ENTIRElY sure what ur getting at...
Reply 109
No, i wasn't getting at anything :smile:. I was just asking if you've read the book, because it's quite interesting to see what happened in the example that was given.
Reply 110
G4ry
No, i wasn't getting at anything :smile:. I was just asking if you've read the book, because it's quite interesting to see what happened in the example that was given.

lol! no, i havent read the whole thing - i just know that quote!
Reply 111
I highly recommend it, it's a very good book and not too long either. It would make you think about few things.

The exact quote is:

"all animals are born equal, but some are more equal than others."
Reply 112
G4ry
I highly recommend it, it's a very good book and not too long either. It would make you think about few things.

The exact quote is:

"all animals are born equal, but some are more equal than others."

and while your at it read 1984 (if you haven't already)..

..I know its a cliche but if we don't use our right we'll lose them. Orwell was a clever guy- but he's quoted on saying that "pacifism is in fact pro-fascist".. I never understood what he meant by that..
Reply 113
I was going to get 1984 but the library didn't have it so i had to get a different book. Don't really get much time to read now. :rolleyes:
Reply 114
Elle
and while your at it read 1984 (if you haven't already)..

..I know its a cliche but if we don't use our right we'll lose them. Orwell was a clever guy- but he's quoted on saying that "pacifism is in fact pro-fascist".. I never understood what he meant by that..

also on my 'to-read list'!
(i'v heard the plays good too)

no idea about the pro-fascist thing!
Reply 115
note: the politics appear to have died - where's vienna when you need her?! :cool:
Reply 116
El_Borish
note: the politics appear to have died - where's vienna when you need her?! :cool:

doing work. im not particuarly interested in talking about 1984, again.
Reply 117
El_Borish

Yeah- I can't argue against liberals!! (cause we know our stuff) lol.. and it's no fun when you don't have a Tory to argue with..
Reply 118
Elle
Yeah- I can't argue against liberals!! (cause we know our stuff) lol.. and it's no fun when you don't have a Tory to argue with..

know your stuff? you must have all been busy overnight!
you need a tory to have a debate?
Reply 119
talking about the security point bushs team wanted the tube closed, a sterile zone around bush covering most of central london and oh...blackhawk helicopters giving air cover....

what a jerk

Latest

Trending

Trending