Turn on thread page Beta

anyone going to london on thursday to protest against George W.? watch

ReputationRep:
    My point is that if you go down there and start burning the stars and strips, your just going to end up pissing off plain folks like me, just some poor working stiff who hates bush but loves his contry and his flag.

in short: F*ck Bush/Respect our flag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joker_fX)
    My point is that if you go down there and start burning the stars and strips, your just going to end up pissing off plain folks like me, just some poor working stiff who hates bush but loves his contry and his flag.

i agree. apparently the organised protests have claimed they have nothing against america so i dont expect to see this kind of action taking place, although the organised protesters are not the ones everyone is worried about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It wasn't a reply to you Borish, it was aimed at Joker FX.
    soz, lol, thought it was out of character!

comment still stands, tho, whoever its aimed at

ReputationRep:

Patriotism is like masturbation, it can be great for those involved.

however it can only lead to narrow mindness, if love your country you can find it hard to accept when they are wrong, or, even worse, think they are always right and whats good for you is good enough for the rest of the world. thats the situation america is finding itself in, very hard to accept why people hate you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Patriotism is like masturbation, it can be great for those involved.

however it can only lead to narrow mindness, if love your country you can find it hard to accept when they are wrong, or, even worse, think they are always right and whats good for you is good enough for the rest of the world. thats the situation america is finding itself in, very hard to accept why people hate you so much.
    i have to ask, when you say America do you mean the administration or the people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i have to ask, when you say America do you mean the administration or the people?
    i'd have to admin in principle, i think its just coincidence i havent liked many of the americans i've met! anyhoo, off to my media lesson!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    i'd have to admin in principle, i think its just coincidence i havent liked many of the americans i've met! anyhoo, off to my media lesson!
    all the americans i know are the most open-minded people ive met and the easiest to get along with. they are also they most self-deprecating.

ReputationRep:
    well theres not much i could do about it, i'd start a new revolution but theres no way me and a handful of nuts with muskets could win haha

if you can't beat em, join em..

ReputationRep:
    feminism started having problems when they lost their enemy. they dont have a real target anymore, so as a doctrine, it just turns on itself.
    I think we've argued on this point once before and i don't want to go into it again. I just want to say that the women are still being discriminated against and your statement seems to suggest that the feminist movement no longer has a cause, which totally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I think we've argued on this point once before and i don't want to go into it again. I just want to say that the women are still being discriminated against and your statement seems to suggest that the feminist movement no longer has a cause, which totally wrong.
    but who is doing the discriminating?

ReputationRep:
    but who is doing the discriminating?
    Well if your referring to whose discriminating against women.. then its obviously mostly men.. apart from the few exceptions such as Thatcher who did their bit too discriminate against women too..

ReputationRep:
    I am going to go to support Bush...bring it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Well if your referring to whose discriminating against women.. then its obviously mostly men.. apart from the few exceptions such as Thatcher who did their bit too discriminate against women too..
    which is my point. actions taken against institutions and the state had those very things as recognisable targets. feminism is now dividing itself because it cannot decide over who or what is the specific target. a poor analogy, but the US found more united support against the Soviets than it does now(know!?!?!) seemingly fighting individual pockets of terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    How can you hate Americans when many Irishmen emigrated to the USA and the USA are supportive of the Irish?
    I am an Irish american..

ReputationRep:
    I am an Irish american..
    No...you are American with an Irish heritage probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    No...you are American with an Irish heritage probably
    yes thats what an irish American is :P i have famliy in ireland, theres a whole town there full of us Goldens

ReputationRep:
    This is the opening few paragraphs from a column in National Review today, quite hilarious....a very fine periodical.

LONDON — George W. Bush's visit to London this week will be historic for at least two reasons. He will be the first U.S. president to come to Britain on a state visit. He will also observe a bizarre political marriage: one between the remnants of the Marxist-Leninist Left and militant Islamists. Negotiated over the past two years, the "wedding," will be celebrated in a mass demonstration against Bush's visit.

The demonstration is organized by a shadowy group called "Stop the War Coalition," part of the Hate-America-International, which has orchestrated a number of street "events" in support of the Taliban and the Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein since 2001.

When I called the coalition to ask whether the idea was to stop all wars, a spokeswoman assured me that this was not the case.

She referred me to the first article of the coalition's charter that states: "The aim of the coalition is simple: to stop the war currently declared by the United States and its allies against 'terrorism.'"

"We really want to stop Bush and Blair from going around killing babies," she said. "Our objective is to force the U.S. out of Iraq and Afghanistan."

But what if a U.S. withdrawal means the return of the Taliban and Saddam Hussein?

"Anything would be better than American Imperialist rule," she snapped back.

http://www.nationalreview.com/script...0311181102.asp

ReputationRep:
    This is the opening few paragraphs from a column in National Review today, quite hilarious....a very fine periodical.

LONDON — George W. Bush's visit to London this week will be historic for at least two reasons. He will be the first U.S. president to come to Britain on a state visit. He will also observe a bizarre political marriage: one between the remnants of the Marxist-Leninist Left and militant Islamists. Negotiated over the past two years, the "wedding," will be celebrated in a mass demonstration against Bush's visit.

The demonstration is organized by a shadowy group called "Stop the War Coalition," part of the Hate-America-International, which has orchestrated a number of street "events" in support of the Taliban and the Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein since 2001.

When I called the coalition to ask whether the idea was to stop all wars, a spokeswoman assured me that this was not the case.

She referred me to the first article of the coalition's charter that states: "The aim of the coalition is simple: to stop the war currently declared by the United States and its allies against 'terrorism.'"

"We really want to stop Bush and Blair from going around killing babies," she said. "Our objective is to force the U.S. out of Iraq and Afghanistan."

But what if a U.S. withdrawal means the return of the Taliban and Saddam Hussein?

disagree with the sentiment, but i'll give it to you that is quite jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)
    disagree with the sentiment, but i'll give it to you that is quite jokes
    but its so true. Have you listened to Tariq Ali recently? they actually want to see US troop casualties. they couldnt care less about Iraq, they only care about the Americans.

ReputationRep:

This journalist obviously knows f*ck all about the demonstrations.. why do you insist on posting crap like this on the forum?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.