Pros:

The Geordies.

Cons:

The Geordies.
    lol, i wonder if there are any gordies on this site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    lol, i wonder if there are any gordies on this site
    Hehe, I knew that someone would comment on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Hehe, I knew that someone would comment on that!
    well you typed it by the way about notttingham i'v heard the crime is pretty high but for all those clubs and the uni life i would'nt mind, well as long as i didn't get rushed

Hull

Cons: Ranked lowest out of all places I have applied to (does this actually mean anything?) Do I really want to stay local?
    also voted worst town in the country i believe mmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    also voted worst town in the country i believe mmm

That handboook it aload of sh*te.

Firstly Hull is not a town, yet is seems to blissfully ignore this fact as it slates it.

Also much of what is says about the place is factually inaccurate so quite how it came to this conclusion I am unsure.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I would definately phone em up - it's possible that law and leeds being as big/popular as they are that a secretary thins through the UCAS forms before passing the ones that meet the basic criteria to the admissions tutor. That person might not have spotted that you were a mature applicant and just seen 2 A levels - not enough to get onto the course and put your form in the reject pile. If you phone them up and get the admissions tutor herself to look at your application it might be the first time she will see it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Nottingham
    4:1 ratio of women to men in the City
    Where is that fact from?
    http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2...pages/00fy.asp

If you're looking at the over 90's then it's true - but I doubt that's the sort of lady you're looking for

20-24 bracket is 53M:47F - so it's actually the other way round - sorry

ReputationRep:
    As a "non standard" student I had taken it upon myself to telephone the admissions staff at all the places that I am applying to in order to "test the water" and maybe "score some points" before I applied through U.C.A.S.

I did this as many places do not really consider mature students and I wanted to test their attitude before wasting an application slot.

Infact in one place where I physically called in to just to pick up a brochure (prospectus) the admissions tutor had some free time and even interviewed me and made me an offer on the spot. This was later confirmed through U.C.A.S. after I made my formal application.

I was however slightly upset with another admissions department whom I telephoned. After explaining my plight they said that upon recieving my application they would most probably call me for an interview as they do with many "mature" students. I do however accept that this was not a guarantee.

You can then imagine my sadness when I logged into U.C.A.S. to see that they just straight rejected me - not even the offer of an interview. I was gutted .

So - is a rejection final or could I get on the phone and try and work some charm with them in an attempt to get an interview?

Hi I am curently studying part-time A-Levels as a mature student as well (I am 24) and working full-time. Its hard going with so little time to study. How did you go about applying? Did you just send for a form and apply yourself?

ReputationRep:
    That handboook it aload of sh*te.

Firstly Hull is not a town, yet is seems to blissfully ignore this fact as it slates it.

Also much of what is says about the place is factually inaccurate so quite how it came to this conclusion I am unsure.
    ive been to far worse places than Hull.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.