Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

I am currently studying AS Computing, Maths, Chemistry and Physics. My future ideal is leaning towards the physics/maths and computing dirrection and I want to go to Uni. Anyway. We had to pick 4 AS and at the end of the year drop 1 and take the 3 on to A2 (as you all know). I hate Chemistry, really, I hate it so much I could......do something......Anyway. I was thinking of droping to give me free time to work on my three, enjoyable subjects. Is this a good or bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    Universities will think it odd if you don't do four AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the general opion of everyone?

ReputationRep:
    i felt the same about chem when i did the AS last year, but my advice to u is to stick it out and get the AS.

i did the salters course for chem AS i found it quite boring

ReputationRep:
    i'm currenty doing AS chemistry nad finding it quite easy. it's just GCSE only more detail.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I know what is involved. I just dont like it, I have no interest in it, its awful(sorry if I offended anyone). I hate it so much, I stuck with it for 10 weeks but anymore and I am scaried of what I will do. I think what I am getting at is, is it alright to do 3 AS levels and pool my energy ( sound new age almost) into these rather than 4 AS??
    ps I love the other 3 AS levels

ReputationRep:
    no it is not so dont presume it is!!

ReputationRep:
    No, why not! can I have some helpful answers here please, I am despirate!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    what are we answering again??? i forgot....sorry

ReputationRep:
    no, I just want something abit more helpful than what your feeding me "catpoo"

ReputationRep:
    u may not find it interesting or useful but if it is too late to choose another AS, maybe something u enjoy. i think u should just stick with this, there is slight over lap with physics and maths is kinda useful in it, chemistry is a good subject.........u hopefully will do cool experiments where things light and blow up

but the 4th AS is something u really should have (i think anyway)

ReputationRep:
    im sorry hun...im doin a/s chemistry aswell so wot u want help with

ReputationRep:
    Hi m8, Last year i did my AS and did the exact same subjects you did. I liked everything but chemistry and wanted to drop it the whole year and as a result was paying no attention to it cause i'd semi made my mind up about dropping it. I DO suggest your carry it on till you've done your ASs, if you really hate it, try to just ignore it and get a lower grade. This is hard to do cause you keep thinking about it messing up everything else but stick with it just for this year then drop it, remember you've got loads of time to revise for everything spend some time on the things you do like and and you should be able to 'pass' chemistry at some level anyway. Good luck.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.