Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really bad haedache. it happens every night, usually from about 11pm, and it is like a pulsation that is behind my right eye. it is very painful, and it is hard for me to go to sleep. when i wake up, it is gone. should i see a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I've got a really bad haedache. it happens every night, usually from about 11pm, and it is like a pulsation that is behind my right eye. it is very painful, and it is hard for me to go to sleep. when i wake up, it is gone. should i see a doctor?
    um yes.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a tension headache.
    Are you under stress?

You could also need glasses. (more probably)

ReputationRep:
    It's all that hair falling out.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like tension/looking at comp screen too much etc

I wouldn't worry too much. Its headaches in the morning that tend to be a problem. However, if you're worried, it's probably worth a trip to see GP/have your eyes tested.

(Original post by joyabbott)
    sounds like tension/looking at comp screen too much etc

I wouldn't worry too much. Its headaches in the morning that tend to be a problem. However, if you're worried, it's probably worth a trip to see GP/have your eyes tested.
    im pretty sure it sounds like you need glasses, and the fact it is in one eye suggests you have a slightly lazy eye and are overexerting the other one in recompense
    J

ReputationRep:
    If ur GP is anything like most I know you'll probably have to wait a few weeks before they can see you!

I agree with what's been said. If you keep getting headaches and sit on the computer for ages then maybe you need to check with the opticians to see if your sight is getting bad. If you wear your glasses and start seeing a difference then maybe that the reason.

Also sleep is good . No too much mind .

Chill and relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

Yes, you should see your doctor. Sounds like a migrane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yes, you should see your doctor. Sounds like a migrane.
    Yeah I used to get the same thing although I think it is because only one of my eyes works probably and so the good one was getting a bit tired!! lol

Go to the doctor - they will sort yer out.

ReputationRep:
    doubt it's a migraine.

ReputationRep:
    It's likely that you just need glasses or are spending too much time in front of the computer however there is an outside chance of a brain tumour so i reccomend you goto your G.P. or local opticians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    It's likely that you just need glasses or are spending too much time in front of the computer however there is an outside chance of a brain tumour so i reccomend you goto your G.P. or local opticians.
    You have been watching too much casualty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    You have been watching too much casualty
    I am actually a medic, but come to think of it am also quite a fan of casualty! lol. Just tryin to make sure cos you never know. Problems can be much more or less important than they seem.

ReputationRep:
    Daveo, the risk of it being a brain tumour is very very slim - usually associated with morning headaches due to a build up of intracranial pressure resulting from a build up of CSF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    Daveo, the risk of it being a brain tumour is very very slim - usually associated with morning headaches due to a build up of intracranial pressure resulting from a build up of CSF.
    I know I know, just encouraging the person to explore all possible scenarios, better to be safe than dead eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    better to be safe than dead eh?
    lol, that is a fabulous motto to have...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    lol, that is a fabulous motto to have...

lou xxx
    Thanks, its always served me well and I intend to carry on following it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    You have a brain tumour. You haven't got long left so enjoy the time you have left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus Hacker)
    You have a brain tumour. You haven't got long left so enjoy the time you have left.
    At last someone who follows what i've been saying, however it is unlikely but get checked anyway.

ReputationRep:

Very reassuring.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.