Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody just watch that o Channel 4? I have to say it was really good, It pretty much potrayed my life at 14....though a bit exaggerated, what did everybody else think?
    If only I'd seen that when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Did anybody just watch that o Channel 4? I have to say it was really good, It pretty much potrayed my life at 14....though a bit exaggerated, what did everybody else think?
    isn't it good how whenever they do a show about teenagers who drink/do drugs/smoke etc, they always set it in liverpool

ReputationRep:
    pretty harsh, life is a bowl of shite for alot of ppl

ReputationRep:
    thought it was really good - wasn't expecting it to be that graphic though
    theres another one next week isnt there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    isn't it good how whenever they do a show about teenagers who drink/do drugs/smoke etc, they always set it in liverpool
    Yeah I hate that. And they always slappers that have really strong scouse accents.

ReputationRep:
    Though it was set in Liverpool, did you notice how they did it with a private school? It's like that down south and I know plenty a screwed up person after something like that....I just think it's a shame it was on so late that younger people couldn't have seen it. I'm sure they will show it in PSE or something but I bet you there would be a few prudey parents and school authorities that won't let people see that for the "gratutious sex" in it...I have to say though she didn't have half bad taste except for that last guy eugh

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see uit what was this one about?

ReputationRep:
    it was the programme after the age of consent one.
    I can't believe someone keeps deleting that post about the age of consent, ffs it is going to be a politcal thing and it's not like we are all saying oh yeah sex sex sex. I just wrote a reply and it was a well worded informed reply with nothing nasty or icky about it. i'd say everybody here is about 14 and up, and some PRUDE of a moderator is stopping us from having our say about the issue, slap on the hand I think

ReputationRep:
    Nah, watched 'My cousin Vinny' instead.

ReputationRep:
    i went sailing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Nah, watched 'My cousin Vinny' instead.
    superb film. one of my best comedies. got it on my pc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    superb film. one of my best comedies. got it on my pc
    that part when they are in the jail, talking about some guy called Bubba who is gonna protect them but demand sexual favours in return, then Vinny shows up, that cracked me up.

Or the second hand suit, of rustic refinery, lol. good film, I watched it, even though I have all the movie channels on sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    that part when they are in the jail, talking about some guy called Bubba who is gonna protect them but demand sexual favours in return, then Vinny shows up, that cracked me up.

Or the second hand suit, of rustic refinery, lol. good film, I watched it, even though I have all the movie channels on sky.
    i hardly ever watch the movie channels on sky, but when there's a film on terrestrial tv i watch it, strange eh.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a really good programme but I think that she went from top student to village bike very quickly! I know it was set over a year but still!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    i went sailing!

what has that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty)
    I thought it was a really good programme but I think that she went from top student to village bike very quickly! I know it was set over a year but still!
    It wasn't even set over a year, I think the time frame was about two months. It started as she went back to school after the Easter holidays and ended at the start of the summer holidays!

I thought it was a really good program though, definatley worth watching. If I was 14 and had seen it I'd probably think twice about having sex.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the first bit, what happened after she slept with that first bloke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lurker)
    Some more humping, drug abuse, smoking, etc. All in all, it was just another contrived piece of poor British film-making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lurker)
    It turned out that that Sophie girl was still a virgin so Jo forced her to have sex out side a club with two strange men while her friends watched, then Sophie put Jo in hospital and they were all friends in the end because Jo realised she'd been a cow and so did Sophie.

ReputationRep:
    Every time it showed the sex scenes I wanted to cry because the look on her face was just awful. Her eyes were screwed up in pain and it made me wonder how many other girls have actually lost their virginity that way
    I felt the film itself was slightly farsical and I feel it almost generalised because not THAT many 14 year olds are running around desperate to lose their cherry (at least I wasn't!!) I think it could teach younger children (11-12 year olds???) that sex really is something to consider really carefully however I also think it might scare some girls out of sex because of how painful it looked! I'm 18 and it made me shudder!! :eek:

How about the programme before it? Poor old Miranda Sawyer going on about how we should lower the age of consent. I don't agree, and perhaps I'm being a little naive and basing my opinions on myself too much, but I don't really think THAT many 14 year olds are having sex because its what they are sure they want to - I think perhaps it is because they feel pressured.
    She is right about the new legislation though - making kissing and heavy petting ilegal is just mad...I feel these kind of things are the only way you can be really sure you are ready for full sex.

Cheers L x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.