Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    Every time it showed the sex scenes I wanted to cry because the look on her face was just awful. Her eyes were screwed up in pain and it made me wonder how many other girls have actually lost their virginity that way
    I felt the film itself was slightly farsical and I feel it almost generalised because not THAT many 14 year olds are running around desperate to lose their cherry (at least I wasn't!!) I think it could teach younger children (11-12 year olds???) that sex really is something to consider really carefully however I also think it might scare some girls out of sex because of how painful it looked! I'm 18 and it made me shudder!! :eek:

How about the programme before it? Poor old Miranda Sawyer going on about how we should lower the age of consent. I don't agree, and perhaps I'm being a little naive and basing my opinions on myself too much, but I don't really think THAT many 14 year olds are having sex because its what they are sure they want to - I think perhaps it is because they feel pressured.
    She is right about the new legislation though - making kissing and heavy petting ilegal is just mad...I feel these kind of things are the only way you can be really sure you are ready for full sex.

Cheers L x
    I completely agree, I was shocked because when I was 14 I wasn't even considering having sex, and my friends were the same. I know some people who said they did but they were the type of girls who lied constantly anyway so you kind of took everything they said with a pinch of salt. I was starting to think I'd led a bit of a sheltered life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I completely agree, I was shocked because when I was 14 I wasn't even considering having sex, and my friends were the same. I know some people who said they did but they were the type of girls who lied constantly anyway so you kind of took everything they said with a pinch of salt. I was starting to think I'd led a bit of a sheltered life!
    That's because we're all middle-class and moderately well-off. That show depicted what I like to call 'Council Estate Love'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    That's because we're all middle-class and moderately well-off. That show depicted what I like to call 'Council Estate Love'.
    But Jo went to a private school, cunningly to show that the issues apply to all sorts of young people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    But Jo went to a private school, cunningly to show that the issues apply to all sorts of young people
    It was still a poor 1-parent family, though.

ReputationRep:
    It was still a poor 1-parent family, though.
    I think you have to be very very careful when making sweeping statements such as that one. I grew up in a single parent family and I DIDN'T lose my virginity at 14. Please don't generalise, it could offend other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    isn't it good how whenever they do a show about teenagers who drink/do drugs/smoke etc, they always set it in liverpool
    yeah, it actually annoys me quite a lot- Pleasureland really is the name of the fair in Southport (about 30 minutes away from Liverpool)... quite a few of my friends work there. It does annoy me that that programme has made out that a lot of girls in merseyside at that age are sleeping around... Southport is really not that dodgy (and the fair is never full of scallies, it's really boring...).
    Mind you the private school thing... i went to a really good school in Liverpool and quite a few people have actually said when they heard (usually guys)- 'I've heard everyone who goes there either turns out a slut or a lesbian'

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well, from the bit I saw, the girls obviously brought it on themselves for being such complete idiots in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    It's only coucil estate scum the usually have sex that early any way. They dont try hard at school (too busy smoking, drinking, drugs etc etc) and conform to that life style very early on. Start shagging at 12ish and push prams around the estate at the age of 14 ish and then say to everyone "I shudna dun it like, do you know wharra mean?" (my impersination of a scouse accent). They've brought it on themselves. Them girls were what, 14? the programme before was just as bad, what 21 year old has sex with a 14-15 year old? Thats just plain sick! Again...counsil estate dregs.

We've also learned that if you wanna get laid quickly, go to liverpool. (virgins on here lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperUK)
    Them girls were what, 14? the programme before was just as bad, what 21 year old has sex with a 14-15 year old?
    Quite a few, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few, actually.
    Hope your not incinuating yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Hope your not incinuating yourself?
    I'm not a 21 year old. And even if I was, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a 21 year old. And even if I was, I wouldn't.
    I didn't say you were and I'm very glad to hear it my good sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I didn't say you were and I'm very glad to hear it my good sir.
    That's alright then.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the point, its sick, i actually class it as peadophilia as i see 14 year olds as children. I was a big lad at 14 (5"10, same height as i am now as i havent grown since 14) and i was pretty 'immature' at the time. People who are into their 20's and stuff and who sleep with girls that are 13-15 deserve to be shot in my eyes, as its no worse than peadeophilia, which it is.

ReputationRep:
    That's alright then.
    Sorry I must apologise for my incinuating textual tone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Sorry I must apologise for my incinuating textual tone!
    Hmm... well, I would forgive you, but I'm not sure.

Report to this website for spiritual cleansing.

http://www.ccd.i8.com

(Original post by Danithestudent)
    Did anybody just watch that o Channel 4? I have to say it was really good, It pretty much potrayed my life at 14....though a bit exaggerated, what did everybody else think?
    If only I'd seen that when I was younger.
    tahoma

I thought it was brill i haven't had sex nbut it urges me to
    i tlkd to by bf and fingered my self whilst watching it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... well, I would forgive you, but I'm not sure.

Report to this website for spiritual cleansing.

http://www.ccd.i8.com
    You can forgive me, in this case i am truly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleigh_hughes)
    tahoma

I thought it was brill i haven't had sex nbut it urges me to
    i tlkd to by bf and fingered my self whilst watching it.
    How old r u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yeah, it actually annoys me quite a lot- Pleasureland really is the name of the fair in Southport (about 30 minutes away from Liverpool)... quite a few of my friends work there. It does annoy me that that programme has made out that a lot of girls in merseyside at that age are sleeping around... Southport is really not that dodgy (and the fair is never full of scallies, it's really boring...).
    Mind you the private school thing... i went to a really good school in Liverpool and quite a few people have actually said when they heard (usually guys)- 'I've heard everyone who goes there either turns out a slut or a lesbian'

lou xxx
    the premier bowl is sometimes full of scalls tho. i woz lukin at the southport bits like "i've been there!!" i dont think southports ever been on tele b4! its such a boring place to live!!
    well going to grrenbank im frequently asked if im a lesbian(usually by lads)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.