Pleasureland Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scout)
the premier bowl is sometimes full of scalls tho. i woz lukin at the southport bits like "i've been there!!" i dont think southports ever been on tele b4! its such a boring place to live!!
well going to grrenbank im frequently asked if im a lesbian(usually by lads)
wow, you go to greenbank? what year are you in? i'm at kgv. ignore all the lads, most of them go to Birkdale... could you get any gayer? i know it's boring... we're on ever on telly when someone's killed or it's the golf..

lou xxx
rachel752
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
- people in their 20's sleepin with '14-15 year olds' is quite interesting i think, some people, especially girls at about 16 at a bar or something (as seen in the show) can get mistaken for about 18. They enjoy the attention from older men, it makes them feel more grown up but still being that age sometimes dont know how to stand up to these men and say no to sex and can quite often end up gettin used and hurt. Nothing can happen relationship wise with this older person because people would see it as 'pervish' but the younger people can often be unknowinly used for sex. Like in the show, its not as dramtic as "i thought we were going to get married" but the younger one really can get besotted and things become warped and they fail to realise wats really going on.

- secondly, yeh things were pretty exsaggerated especially the timescale and how the main character seemed to have a complete turn around and come out psychology unharmed at the end but i think it is pretty realisitic about the emotional drives and experiences. I think at 14, sex is a pretty big thing that is talked about ALOT, for example most of my friends didnt start having it until a few years later but it was always an interesting topic of conversation and we were very aware of it.

I also liked the way the sex scenes were done because they were SO horrific, it was very clever that the most shocking element was the girls face rather than any graphic detail.

Talked about this programme for days after, would be interested to know if it was ever going to be repeated. would be great to show 13,14 year olds i think, a real shock from how it is normally portrayed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
yeah, it actually annoys me quite a lot- Pleasureland really is the name of the fair in Southport (about 30 minutes away from Liverpool)... quite a few of my friends work there. It does annoy me that that programme has made out that a lot of girls in merseyside at that age are sleeping around... Southport is really not that dodgy (and the fair is never full of scallies, it's really boring...).
Mind you the private school thing... i went to a really good school in Liverpool and quite a few people have actually said when they heard (usually guys)- 'I've heard everyone who goes there either turns out a slut or a lesbian'

lou xxx
Hehe thats what I thought when I saw the thread title, surely they are not discussing the rides at Pleasureland and the scallies down Lord Street. The last time I we went to Southport my dad wrote the car off and nearly killed the other driver. (wasn't his fault)

Also I am also 21 and still a virgin, I don't see what the big rush is.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I wish I had stayed a virgin a couple of years longer. Nothing to be ashamed at either.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads