Age of consent Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zoe Slater
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
The government are thinking about reducing the age of consent to have sexual activities to 12 years of age. Should the age of consent be dropped to 12?

Edit: Why did you keep deleting this what wrong with it? Topical discusssion :confused:
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zoe Slater)
The government are thinking about reducing the age of consent to have sexual activities to 12 years of age. Should the age of consent be dropped to 12?

Edit: Why did you keep deleting this what wrong with it? Topical discusssion :confused:
think you've got it the wrong way around. they want to keep the age at 16 and make laws even harsher, they're not relaxing the law, they're making it harder.
Zoe Slater
(Original post by DanMushMan)
think you've got it the wrong way around. they want to keep the age at 16 and make laws even harsher, they're not relaxing the law, they're making it harder.
Yes they are it was on the news that there is this MP who wants to make the age of consent 12. I'll see if I can find a link.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes they are it was on the news that there is this MP who wants to make the age of consent 12. I'll see if I can find a link.
well is that the 'governent' or just a maverick mp? I think that the actual government are planning to tighten up the laws.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No I don't think they should lower it it's fine as it is however, more money needs to be spent on what would be the police cash for searching the new legislation up to introducing more sex education in our schools.
I went to what was once a respectable Church of England Secondary school, and down the road was a not so respectable school which they didn't tird degree you to get into.
The other school was taught lots of sex education as they were thought of as group that would resort to it and ours was taught none whatsoever.
Half of my year are now parents, there were three in the other school from my year...now...what does that say?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
One MP out of 659, and all of a sudden it's the government. How ignorant are people when it comes to our political system?
Zoe Slater
Here: Miranda Sawyer is campaignin to lower the age to 12 years of age.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sex/s...075926,00.html
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah it is about tightening laws, the woman that was campaigning for it was a journalist.
As it stands underage sex for girls is illegal, whereas there is no age of consent for guys. The government want to change that and as well as sex anything from kissing to 2nd and 3rd base is an offence for under 16 year olds, which I have to say is bloody stupid...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
No I don't think they should lower it it's fine as it is however, more money needs to be spent on what would be the police cash for searching the new legislation up to introducing more sex education in our schools.
I went to what was once a respectable Church of England Secondary school, and down the road was a not so respectable school which they didn't tird degree you to get into.
The other school was taught lots of sex education as they were thought of as group that would resort to it and ours was taught none whatsoever.
Half of my year are now parents, there were three in the other school from my year...now...what does that say?
And I thought sex education only made the problem worse...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah it is about tightening laws, the woman that was campaigning for it was a journalist.
As it stands underage sex for girls is illegal, whereas there is no age of consent for guys. The government want to change that and as well as sex anything from kissing to 2nd and 3rd base is an offence for under 16 year olds, which I have to say is bloody stupid...
Baseball illegal?!?! What are the implications for rounders???
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Here: Miranda Sawyer is campaignin to lower the age to 12 years of age.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sex/s...075926,00.html
read the 2nd sentence! The government wants to TIGHTEN the law.
Zoe Slater
That there was alot of girls in your school who can't keep their legs closed.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
read the 2nd sentence! The government wants to TIGHTEN the law.
plus this women isn't even an MP or anything, she's a normal person. Just because I have an opinion, it doesn't make me 'the government'
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Juwely hun, it's a euphamism
Ooooh look I used a BIG word
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Juwely hun, it's a euphamism
Ooooh look I used a BIG word
Yeah and you spelt it wrong...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That there was alot of slappers in your school who can't keep their legs closed. Sluts
There is actually a serious problem with many so-called sluts, in that they confuse sex for the affection they are seriously lacking. If you're just joking that's fine but if you're serious a bit more sensitivity might be nice...
Zoe Slater
plus this women isn't even an MP or anything, she's a normal person. Just because I have an opinion, it doesn't make me 'the government'
My mistake I thought it was Blair or something when I saw it on TV they showed Blair talking about it so I just presumed it was the government.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nope, I was in that position myself once (though I must point out I was 17) anyway, I had to go and ask my friend what to do about it. We hadn't even been told the location of our FPC in the town we went to school. When I went there they asked what secondary school had I attended and they guessed before I had even said it because although they had people coming in from both schools, the other school were coming in BEFORE they had sex whereas my school were coming in after.
She told me at 2pm, they had opened at 12 and she had already seen 15 people from my school with my problem in 2 hours....which was probably illegal but she didn't name any names so maybe not...I have wised up a lot since then and I am joining a campaign to make sex education mandatory.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Yeah and you spelt it wrong...
rofl!
Zoe Slater
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
There is actually a serious problem with many so-called sluts, in that they confuse sex for the affection they are seriously lacking. If you're just joking that's fine but if you're serious a bit more sensitivity might be nice...
Why should I be sensitive towards them? Thats what they are pure and simpple? To be honest. I think it is their own fault if they get preggers they shouldn't sleep around and should use contraception. To be honest I have no respect whatsoever for whores so why should I be sensitive towrds them. If they are stupid enough to get preggers it their own fault there is a thing called a condom.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.98%
No (460)
73.02%

Watched Threads