Turn on thread page Beta

A Taboo Subject watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Lol i meant theoretically not literally....oh wait...that's sarcasm.
    I've now decided your mean juwely u were the first person to say that it was a bad idea and that I should take English which i shouldn't because it's all about dumb political correctness grrr....
    sarcasm lol
    *cuddles Juwley* didn't mean ittt
    <scoffs> When was this?

*cuddles Juwley* didn't mean ittt[/QUOTE]

<feels the warmth of a cuddle melt his cool slightly peeved soul> Ahh thank you!

ReputationRep:
    yeah oxbridge posts suck. i think ill create an 'official oxbridge offer thread' for people to say whether they got offered a place or not, just to laugh at the cocky A-grade students who get turned down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Its sometimes difficult to distinguish between jealousy and disagreeing. (sp)
    Not necessarily, I'm not a facking hatemonger. It's just that I have motivation problems, and seeing people doing really well where I've been told I have the potential to is a constant kick in the lovestones.

ReputationRep:
    the my current choices thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Not necessarily, I'm not a facking hatemonger. It's just that I have motivation problems, and seeing people doing really well where I've been told I have the potential to is a constant kick in the lovestones.
    <remembers the days when nothing meant more to him than being the best, pulls a disgusted face, and chuckles to himself>

It's not about how well other people are doing. It's not being the best that counts, but being your best. Just in case you needed reminding...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    <remembers the days when nothing meant more to him than being the best, pulls a disgusted face, and chuckles to himself>

It's not about how well other people are doing. It's not being the best that counts, but being your best. Just in case you needed reminding...
    Nah it's ok I could get A's but i just dont want to and i often get marked down for my political standings

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's ok I could get A's but i just dont want to and i often get marked down for my political standings
    I think a huge majority of people could get A's if they put enough blood sweat and tears into it, but most people just can't be arsed....like me..

Adam

ReputationRep:
    it's not so much that vienna doesn't want to think outside the box as so much that she doesn't know she's in a box at all.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats a good one 'i could get A's but i dont want to...' and you wouldnt get marked down for your political views, thats illegal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I think a huge majority of people could get A's if they put enough blood sweat and tears into it, but most people just can't be arsed....like me..

Adam
    I'm just lazy and often find a warm bed more inviting than getting a PhD in Medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)

I mean work ethic wise, other people seem to be able to do work in a breeze. I on the other hand have tremendous problems starting work due to........ I don't know, and thus being the best I can be isn't going to happen. Not until I can sort out these cursed motivation problems anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol thats a good one 'i could get A's but i dont want to...' and you wouldnt get marked down for your political views, thats illegal
    its illegal to copy cds from the library and from friends....but who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Is that so?

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to get along with most members, and dont voice my political views and hence why I dont participate in things that involve politics. However I have noticed that there is some anger against me, from none other than Hildabeast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    well basically in media studies we were asked to say how new technology has improved coverage in todays news and i said it hadn't and nearly lost us the war and gave detailed examples i think the fact my evidence was based on television programmes rated against what my brother in law and my mates in army told me was probably a bad way to go but i trust them more than the media

ReputationRep:
    I'm just lazy and often find a warm bed more inviting than getting a PhD in Medicine
    i know the feeling all too well!!! especially the nights when your bed is full of crap so you just throw everything onto the floor and then nod off.... well thats me anyway..

ReputationRep:
    well basically in media studies we were asked to say how new technology has improved coverage in todays news and i said it hadn't and nearly lost us the war and gave detailed examples i think the fact my evidence was based on television programmes rated against what my brother in law and my mates in army told me was probably a bad way to go but i trust them more than the media
    Then you were marked down for not answering the question. All of what you say may be completely true, but you were asked how it improved coverage in todays news not about the negative effects it had, and certainly not about how changes in the media affected the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    its illegal to copy cds from the library and from friends....but who cares?
    'its illegal to murder people, but who cares?'... what a lame comment. of course people care that its illegal for teachers to discriminate against pupils for their politics views: the students parents teachers and universities care for one thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I mean work ethic wise, other people seem to be able to do work in a breeze. I on the other hand have tremendous problems starting work due to........ I don't know, and thus being the best I can be isn't going to happen. Not until I can sort out these cursed motivation problems anyway.
    Dude I feel this, I can't get myself started on work to save my life! Well a mocha seems to help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i know the feeling all too well!!! especially the nights when your bed is full of crap so you just throw everything onto the floor and then nod off.... well thats me anyway..
    <nods off>

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.