The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chris_
I can hand mine in upto a week late and still get 80%.

You've been on here for a few hours, maybe you should unplug that network cable..? :tongue:

Thats shan!

We only get 50%/60% depending on the module and we have 24 hours after the deadline!

Adam
Reply 21
byb3
Thats shan!

We only get 50%/60% depending on the module and we have 24 hours after the deadline!

Adam

Yeah but I'm at the same uni as him and if I hand some work in late it won't even get marked!!! I think some pieces lose 50% if they are late, but thy are the larger assignments, not the small ones that i'm doing!!!
Reply 22
byb3
Thats shan!

Adam

Yea I know! Its so generous.

I havent taken advantage of it yet, but I should have done on my last becuase I wasnt anyway near upto 80%. Left it til the last minute so it wasnt complete. I still think it looks better to hand it in on time and get 70%, then hand it in a week late and get 80%.
Reply 23
Chicken
Yeah but I'm at the same uni as him and if I hand some work in late it won't even get marked!!! I think some pieces lose 50% if they are late, but thy are the larger assignments, not the small ones that i'm doing!!!

I havent met anyone else here on a course as generous as mine. I got lucky :wink:
Reply 24
Chris_
I havent met anyone else here on a course as generous as mine. I got lucky :wink:

Heh yep you did!!!! I've nearly finished my courseowrk though!! Just one and a half lab reports to go!!
Reply 25
its university of exeter policy that anything a second after deadline is 60% :frown:
Reply 26
All these deadline stipulations... I am so going to die at uni!!! My original, cunning and well-delivered excuses won't save me when I'm there, might actually have to do some work...
Reply 27
ZJuwelH
All these deadline stipulations... I am so going to die at uni!!! My original, cunning and well-delivered excuses won't save me when I'm there, might actually have to do some work...

One piece of work officially done!!! Now for the others!!!
Reply 28
Yup uni deadlines are a bitch. I have an essay due in fri noon and I'm slaving away.

Some unis have a late submission automatic fail policy just to scare you even more.
Reply 29
Isn't it odd, people avoiding learning to be on a learning forum!!! Or to put it another way - the learning forum is hindering learning!! Bizaaarreee..people want to talk more about the work than actually do it! :smile: :confused:
Reply 30
Adhsur
Isn't it odd, people avoiding learning to be on a learning forum!!! Or to put it another way - the learning forum is hindering learning!! Bizaaarreee..people want to talk more about the work than actually do it! :smile: :confused:

its called procrastination dear, we all do it....to a degree
Reply 31
i owe

three Pre-Release Material (which is really stupid since we have to do all that work for a measlie 20%

and a planing of a titration.
Reply 32
I had a tutorial to prepare for (done at 7 this morning instead), and 2 lab reports to write (procrastinating at this very minute). They're due in tomorrow, but I'm out tonight. I really hate lab reports. If anyone understands chromatography of proteins to degree level, please feel free to explain to me!

Oh and I lose all marks if it's a minute late too.
A summary fo postgraduate application numbers by subject/level
A listing of top scoring schools on the south coast
300 data booklets containing data on student profile/quality/quanitity/market position/market share etc etc for heads of depts, deans, DVCs and VC :mad:
Reply 34
Pencil Queen
A summary fo postgraduate application numbers by subject/level
A listing of top scoring schools on the south coast
300 data booklets containing data on student profile/quality/quanitity/market position/market share etc etc for heads of depts, deans, DVCs and VC :mad:

yeah but at least you get paid to do your work :tongue:
edders
yeah but at least you get paid to do your work :tongue:

Yeah but I work for uni and recieved a letter a month or so back guaranteeing my appointment until the September after my 65th birthday - so basically unless I screw up big time I'm ok...so where's the incentive to work my arse off?

Oh there he is - shouting at someone :wink:
Reply 36
ZJuwelH
What homeworks or similar things do people have unfinished right now? And is your time on this forum hindering you?

I owe:
Two Politics essays, one comparing civil rights between the UK and the USA, the other on the decline of Parliament...
Two Maths courseworks, for Mechanics 1 and Statistics 1...
The answers to extra questions on Accounting my distance learning tutor sent me because she feels the need to push me since I'm gunning for Cambridge... they are on incomplete accounting records and bookkeeping for partnerships...
The first draft of my Economics coursework, on how some countries can control inflation better than others...

A pretty long list, and I should crack on but I'd rather be here!

science
Reply 37
I've got a problem sheet to do (7 questions: 2 on Quantum Mechanics, 3 on Classical Mechanics and Relativity, 2 on Optics and Waves) and some French.
Reply 38
u dont want me 2 start.............. but i'm going 2 anyway!!!
french cwk= x1
french speaking preparation=x2
urdu cwk=x3
science cwk=x3
maths cwk=x1
maths classwork=x2
eng cwk=x1
tech project=x1
correcting my geography cwk
art project=x1
etc.....etc... the list actually continues.......... but i cant b bothered!!!! :frown: :eek: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending