The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I was in the back seat of the car and we hit a cyclist. He was ok though. :smile:
When my mum fell off the boat we hired in Holland on holiday and I had to go with her to the hospital. She'd dislocated her shoulder, so I had to hold her arm in place while they X-rayed it. :frown:
When they mixed up Sandalwood and Cedarwood on last week's apprentice :congrats:
When me and my first boyfriend broke up, the day after it happened I woke up, and I momentarily forgot that we weren't together anymore. The split second later, I remembered and I have never felt pain like it. Gutted.

And when I had an audition for Drama School, and I was told to my face that I didn't get a call back, for the reason that I had bad posture. It was something I had been building upto since I was 14. I couldn't stop crying.
Reply 104
sunshine reggae
At the funeral, the moment when you realise they are gone forever. :frown:

This. I remember the last time i saw my uncle in hospital after he had a stroke. He looked me right in the eye and it was then that i realised i would never see him again. Then at his funeral i finally understood what it was to die.
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
H&M changing rooms, my mum seeing the cuts on my legs and storming out. And then we all sat in Dexter's Grill for a lovely meal while she kept going off to cry.

I can completely identify with that... worst feeling EVER. Your stomach just sinks like you've missed the last step going down stairs. We had to go out for a chinese for my grandma's 70th birthday right after my mum found out about mine. :frown: Hope your mum was okay with it in the end!

Also, when my dad went in for his spinal fusion. Mum told me how long it was meant to take and said she'd ring me when he got out of theatre, and I didn't get that phone call for hours. Turns out they'd just been running late so he'd gone into surgery later than expected, but that was a horrible day.
Not Invented Yet
I can completely identify with that... worst feeling EVER. Your stomach just sinks like you've missed the last step going down stairs. We had to go out for a chinese for my grandma's 70th birthday right after my mum found out about mine. :frown: Hope your mum was okay with it in the end!

Also, when my dad went in for his spinal fusion. Mum told me how long it was meant to take and said she'd ring me when he got out of theatre, and I didn't get that phone call for hours. Turns out they'd just been running late so he'd gone into surgery later than expected, but that was a horrible day.

Awww! Yeah she was in the end thanks, was yours alright about it?
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Awww! Yeah she was in the end thanks, was yours alright about it?

Yeah, after a while. :smile:
Not Invented Yet
Yeah, after a while. :smile:

Your post count is 1111!!! That's like the best of the palindromes...
Taking a phonecall at nearly 1am from the hospital telling me to wake my mum up and get to the hospital asap because it wasn't looking good for my uncle. Going via my cousins to the hospital and just watching him for a couple of hours, then to see him just stop breathing and stop moving :frown:. We stayed with him for a good few hours, he looked so peaceful. I still feel guilty that I didn't cry.

What made it worse is that a few hours before we had visited him and he was fine. We left around 8pm and I switched my phone back on to receive messages from this guy I'd kinda been seeing, I text back to say I'd been visiting my uncle, he didn't believe me and it ended between us before it had really begun - and he didn't even apologise when his best mate told him what had happened the next day (I was talking to his best mate when the phone rang). Worse night ever.
small&mighty
Taking a phonecall at nearly 1am from the hospital telling me to wake my mum up and get to the hospital asap because it wasn't looking good for my uncle. Going via my cousins to the hospital and just watching him for a couple of hours, then to see him just stop breathing and stop moving :frown:. We stayed with him for a good few hours, he looked so peaceful. I still feel guilty that I didn't cry.

What made it worse is that a few hours before we had visited him and he was fine. We left around 8pm and I switched my phone back on to receive messages from this guy I'd kinda been seeing, I text back to say I'd been visiting my uncle, he didn't believe me and it ended between us before it had really begun - and he didn't even apologise when his best mate told him what had happened the next day (I was talking to his best mate when the phone rang). Worse night ever.

Don't feel guilty, when my Grandad died I didn't cry until two weeks after I was told. :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Don't feel guilty, when my Grandad died I didn't cry until two weeks after I was told. :hugs:

I know I shouldn't but I do. Angry too due to family acting up at the funeral and not saying something. Still sucks nearly 4 years on.
small&mighty
I know I shouldn't but I do. Angry too due to family acting up at the funeral and not saying something. Still sucks nearly 4 years on.

Don't feel guilty..when my grandad died 3 years ago (being told was my gut wrenching moment) I didn't cry that much and felt numb. But more recently I was thinking about this cartoon we had on a video called Grandpa (one of those recorded videos of old programmes from the telly) that dealt with the same thing and cried so SO hard. :hugs:
Botticello
Don't feel guilty..when my grandad died 3 years ago (being told was my gut wrenching moment) I didn't cry that much and felt numb. But more recently I was thinking about this cartoon we had on a video called Grandpa (one of those recorded videos of old programmes from the telly) that dealt with the same thing and cried so SO hard. :hugs:

That's exactly how I felt, just numb, I didn't know what to say, what to do, I just carried on as normal. Thanks though :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending