The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
what's up with all the psychedelic colours?
Reply 21
:tongue: ye it cud do!!
Reply 22
elpaw
what's up with all the psychedelic colours?

i thought this was a dissucion about the new laws, where has colours come from?
Reply 23
love_4_ducks
well surely that is gonna drive more teens into underage sex as they know tht they will be breaking the law

and the teen pregancy rate in britian is already to high, the governmant are runnig a risk in making this even higher then it already is,
Reply 24
love_4_ducks
what does everyone think of the governmnet discussions to lowering the age of sexual constent to 14?
surely that would be encoraging teenage pregnanceys which will add to the rapidly increasing rate that britian laready possses?
surely lowering the age of consent is really pointless as children as young as 12 may start?
what do you guys all think?

uh, personnaly i voted no, its good where it is.
i THINK i would have been ready at 14, but then i matured fast. i think it would be a mistake because i know some 20 year olds who probably arent mature enough for the commitment of a sexual relqationship! 16 is a happy-medium - leave well alone!
Reply 25
if anything they should increase the age! there should be more sex education classes given explaining every thing about sex including what it feels like this way people will not be so desperate to try it so young if they have a rough idea of the feelings their curiousity would not be as strong!
Reply 26
El_Borish
uh, personnaly i voted no, its good where it is.
i THINK i would have been ready at 14, but then i matured fast. i think it would be a mistake because i know some 20 year olds who probably arent mature enough for the commitment of a sexual relqationship! 16 is a happy-medium - leave well alone!

t

i dont think the government is able to understand this..........as they seem to think that lowring the age will cause more tennpregnaceys and britian aleady ahs a extreemely high rate
Reply 27
this probs sound stupid buh i think the goverment iz makin such a big deal it's only sex everyone iz goin 2 do it no matta how old they are! By the goverment saying all this and bringing up the age for sex it's making ppl think about sex more and the more some one things about it the more they are going to want to get it done
Reply 28
love_4_ducks
t

i dont think the government is able to understand this..........as they seem to think that lowring the age will cause more tennpregnaceys and britian aleady ahs a extreemely high rate

I dont think that it will affect the teenage pregnancy count though
Reply 29
Gina17
if anything they should increase the age! there should be more sex education classes given explaining every thing about sex including what it feels like this way people will not be so desperate to try it so young if they have a rough idea of the feelings their curiousity would not be as strong!

i toatlly agree, in midds chools sex is just explained as biologiacl thing that happens betwen adults they dont give any information on the emotional stress and commitments
Reply 30
LadyFadge
I dont think that it will affect the teenage pregnancy count though

well surely it will if younger girls are having sex who are not properly clued up on emotional comiitments and contrception
Reply 31
love_4_ducks
i toatlly agree, in midds chools sex is just explained as biologiacl thing that happens betwen adults they dont give any information on the emotional stress and commitments

Yeah, the unfortunate thing is that children these days are more run by what their friends do and say and not what they think.
Reply 32
love_4_ducks

i agree - less of the "this goes here" more of the "be ready for the commitment and emotional considerations"
Reply 33
love_4_ducks
well surely it will if younger girls are having sex who are not properly clued up on emotional comiitments and contrception

If they lower the age then they will have to bring in a stricter sex education system
Reply 34
El_Borish
i agree - less of the "this goes here" more of the "be ready for the commitment and emotional considerations"

Yeah but unfortunately if 14 years want to do it there is no stopping them, this has been going on for Years why didnt the government do something about it sooner
Reply 35
LadyFadge
Yeah, the unfortunate thing is that children these days are more run by what their friends do and say and not what they think.

i agree but if more 'friends' were reconsidering because they think they know what it feels like already then this would reduce the chances of teenage pregnancies...surely?
Reply 36
LadyFadge
If they lower the age then they will have to bring in a stricter sex education system

such as informing girls espic about more ways of contraception and why sex is such a big commitment
Reply 37
love_4_ducks
such as informing girls espic about more ways of contraception and why sex is such a big commitment

y girls???
Reply 38
Gina17
y girls???

because it seems that girls are more active than boys
Reply 39
Gina17
y girls???

cos they suffer much more than boys and they need to be more clued up on rape and how to protect themselves

Latest

Trending

Trending