Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshinelemming)
    put it this way having sex means you should be ready to have children is a 14 yr old realy ready to have children

i dont think so wed be over run with kids cuz they wont be old enough to cope
    trust me anyone under the age of 16 is not old enough to cope with sexual relationships its just not right
    no not really, where do u come from????

sex isnt just for when u ant to have children it is a way of creating a more secure bond between two people who love and care about each other very much
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sunshinelemming)
    put it this way having sex means you should be ready to have children is a 14 yr old realy ready to have children

i dont think so wed be over run with kids cuz they wont be old enough to cope
    trust me anyone under the age of 16 is not old enough to cope with sexual relationships its just not right
    having sex means you should be ready to take responsibility for your fertility...ie be responsible enough to get and use contraception or face the consequences.

sex=babies is a rediculous thing to say, yes it's the outcome but it's rarely the motive

sex=going to your doctor to get put on the pill or going into a chemist and buying condoms is far more reasonable and the level of responsibility that should be expected of all people wanting to have sex regardless of age.

And yet it's something that a lot of people don't feel ready to do when they say they feel ready to have sex. Removing the age of consent would remove the pressure put on GPs to not hand out the pill to underage girls and would also put family planning clinics in a much better position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    having sex means you should be ready to take responsibility for your fertility...ie be responsible enough to get and use contraception or face the consequences.

sex=babies is a rediculous thing to say, yes it's the outcome but it's rarely the motive

sex=going to your doctor to get put on the pill or going into a chemist and buying condoms is far more reasonable and the level of responsibility that should be expected of all people wanting to have sex regardless of age.

And yet it's something that a lot of people don't feel ready to do when they say they feel ready to have sex. Removing the age of consent would remove the pressure put on GPs to not hand out the pill to underage girls and would also put family planning clinics in a much better position.
    yes, i agree i dont know what sunshinelemming was on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what's up with all the psychedelic colours?
    and that has to with anything???? what exactly

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty)
    I'm confused
    dont worry i am most of the time its quite fun to b confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    we have a whole page of elmos isnt that cool
    Yep that was cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyFadge)
    Yep that was cool
    wot was cool

ReputationRep:
    wot was cool
    The page of elmos

ReputationRep:
    The page of elmos
    Sorry i had to leave for a lesson

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i had to leave for a lesson
    dont worrry

ReputationRep:
    See all this stuff about "sex should be between 2 people who love each other" is all good and well...but sometimes sex is just about fun! Sometimes you can go out and pull a random person and have great sex just because you can! Of course sex when drink is involved can take a long time...and can be disappointing :rolleyes: hehe

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone think of the governmnet discussions to lowering the age of sexual constent to 14?
    surely that would be encoraging teenage pregnanceys which will add to the rapidly increasing rate that britian laready possses?
    surely lowering the age of consent is really pointless as children as young as 12 may start?
    what do you guys all think?
    I dont bloody think so!!! No chance that will happen and if it does i will murder the guy that made the decision to pass it!!! Consider that a promise!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I dont bloody think so!!! No chance that will happen and if it does i will murder the guy that made the decision to pass it!!! Consider that a promise!!
    well i we all see on the news top MP killed we will know it was u and only u

ReputationRep:
    By lowering it to 14 they're effectively saying its ok to have kids at that age, (i know, not the intention etc but its a consequence not always avoidable). A 14 year old's body can't cope with that, let alone the state of mind that it would require. Sex eduacation varies so much from school to school but I completely agree it needs vast improvements! I go to a catholic school, we have all the normal biology talks, but have RE lessons on the emotional complications & get a variety of nuns (surprisingly unbiased) coming and talking about chastity, abortion, contraception, child care. As much as everyone laughed at it all, our school has the lowest level of teenage pregnancies than anywhere else in S.Wales. I don't think it matters what form or who gives it but sex education is vital!

ReputationRep:
    if you lowered the age it might dissaude people... like ost of my friends have said that when they were old enough to buy alcohol they wereb't ll that fussed cos the excitment was gone.

If we do this with sex, then as people at 14 are just getting urges and interests it may not seem as thrilling? I dunno... now I've just written that I don't agree with it lol.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's really scary to think of 14 being the legal age...wen i consider the fact that my little sister is nearly 14 and has NO body hair and doesn't even need to wear a bra.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i think it's really scary to think of 14 being the legal age...wen i consider the fact that my little sister is nearly 14 and has NO body hair and doesn't even need to wear a bra.....

we all really wanted to no that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superstar*honey)
    we all really wanted to no that
    the point is, if her body isn't even ready for it, how can her emotions be?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    the point is, if her body isn't even ready for it, how can her emotions be?!
    ok gd point
    i hope they keep it at the same to stop ovas mkin the same mistake

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.