Turn on thread page Beta

hi iv got to do an english article about how school uniforms have become a fashion statement-u know like fitted shirts etc? could u help me with what ideas i need
    thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissa2k3)
    hi iv got to do an english article about how school uniforms have become a fashion statement-u know like fitted shirts etc? could u help me with what ideas i need
    thanks a lot
    Depends how much your school lets you get away with adapting it.
    Some schools have such a distinctive uniform that adaptation is vitually impossible. However there are many schools whose uniform requirements are so bland - e.g. white blouses, black skirts/trousers and black jumpers - that the variables are endless therefore making fashion statements almost compulsory!

ReputationRep:
    think about it

@ tailored blouses... tight fiting showin quite a bit...
    @ short black skirts - legs etc etc
    @ pointy healed shoes
    @ makeup (if ya can get away wit it)
    @ denim jackets and other 'fashionable' coats
    @ Ted Baker bags / Warehouse bags / Ark bags... even carrier bags with the brand nane on it

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot
    I do think uniform can become a fashion statement, as even though the uniform is black skirt or trousers but there are so many different type of trouser and skirts. 1st of all they're flared trousers, trousers with zig-zag tied laces (cause i wear them lol), trousers with open split. Same applies for shoes really, they say black shoes, now most pupils wear rockports, as they are many different types of rockports, plain black, black with sliver reflectors, and black with gold reflectors. Also with shirts, there's normal buttons ones, now there's zips ones, 3/4 length, some got laces on the 3/4 lengths ones. Now there's even 1-peice white shirt and black jumper 3/4 length
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    My mum is a primary school teacher and said that "the code doesn't cover socks or hair bobbles..." Use your imagination!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My mum is a primary school teacher and said that "the code doesn't cover socks or hair bobbles..." Use your imagination!
    Hehe good one. Cufflinks too

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot
    When schools have uniform rules set out, this this is how they translate to me:

* Grey Skirt - pleated, grey fashionable mini skirt.
    * Grey Trousers - tight, pleated grey Topshop trousers.
    * Black shoes - Black ugg boots, black flat pointed shoes or black pointy boots.
    * White Shirt - White fitted shirt, without long sleeves.
    * Tie - Ties are cool.
    * Suitable bag - Handbags with pictures of my style icons, which you can't fit an excercize book in.
    * No earings or jewlery : Gold hoop earings, neckalace and bracelets if I feel like it.

Rules are for breaking.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.