The Student Room Group

Can I still do a Degree in Pharmacy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ylem
Hey, I have AAAB at AS level in unrelated AS subjects, what do you think my chances would be of securing a place at Cardiff?

well you are definitely eligible for the course... it's hard to say really i'm not 100% sure about the criteria for this type of course... but those are decent AS levels and with a good personal statement i see no reason why you wouldn't have a decent chance

though i'm not sure specifically regarding cardiff quite often courses like this have a very small in take though so i warn you it will still be quite competitive.
Can you get into pharmacy with chemistry, accounting and law??????
Original post by idontknow999
Can you get into pharmacy with chemistry, accounting and law??????

I got into pharmacy at DMU with chemistry,biology and business. Most uni's want chemistry defo, but i believe a lot of them ask for biology for at least AS level. But try call up some unis and ask. But most combinations, of subjects are like chemistry, bio and something else (usually maths) but most other subjects should work.
Original post by RoadToGradeA
I got into pharmacy at DMU with chemistry,biology and business. Most uni's want chemistry defo, but i believe a lot of them ask for biology for at least AS level. But try call up some unis and ask. But most combinations, of subjects are like chemistry, bio and something else (usually maths) but most other subjects should work.

Is biology a MUST because from my gcse grades i only qualify to do one science related to pharmacy and because of that im thinking of taking pharmacy with a foundation year at university. Also isnt chemistry more important than biology?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by idontknow999
Is biology a MUST because from my gcse grades i only qualify to do one science related to pharmacy and because of that im thinking of taking pharmacy with a foundation year at university. Also isnt chemistry more important than biology?

I believe that biology AS is essential

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending