The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably, yes.
Edexcel Biology seems to be of the same difficulty as AQA, which isn't that hard to be fair.
Im doing AQA and apparently its only around 70% raw for an A :smile:
Sure they do.
I'm sure I could of if I tried harder. Got an e after the first year, a b overall at A2. People in my class got A's.
Reply 6
I do Edexcel Biology and I got an A in it last year.. but I didn't get 100 ums in any of the exams though, I got around 85-95 and hoping for an A at A2 this year.
Reply 7
Lozzo
I do Edexcel Biology and I got an A in it last year.. but I didn't get 100 ums in any of the exams though, I got around 85-95 and hoping for an A at A2 this year.

How did you get an A?! You must have busted your ass studying!
I got 103/105 in a Biology AS exam, and my classmate got 100% more than once in Biology AS and A2 exams. It's not that difficult, you just have to learn all of the material thoroughly.
I got an A and 94 UMS in Jan -- fairly close

(for AQA though)
Reply 10
Hey I have my A2 edexcel biology exams coming up. They arent too bad as long as you do all the avaliable past papers. I'm not trying to boast just showing you its possible, I got 92% module 1, 100% module 2, 80% module 3 and 80% module 4. I need two Cs in my summer exams to get an A overall.
Reply 11
i do AQA.. it cant be that hard.. they do it so that people get As.. if nobody got A'sthey wpuld move the boudarys down so that they did.
Im getting an A, and I have had 100% in two of my exams, all you have to do is read through the book so that you are comfortable with the content. And then do past papers learning the marks schemes as you go, if you know the markscheme then you know the answer. All biology questions are fairly similar with an occuring theme, so its fairly easy to pick it up.
Reply 13
I got a bottom A - 72/90 - in January, on the OCR new syllabus. That exam was irritating... As in, you could know all the stuff but still do poorly. Just an awkward paper tbh.

I think the highest mark was 86. Nobody got 100 on the January Chem module either - highest was 97.
Reply 14
Mrcarrot
I got a bottom A - 72/90 - in January, on the OCR new syllabus. That exam was irritating... As in, you could know all the stuff but still do poorly. Just an awkward paper tbh.

I think the highest mark was 86. Nobody got 100 on the January Chem module either - highest was 97.

Going through the past papers-edexcel though- I feel the same way. 72 out of 90 is good though. I hope I only lose around 20 marks.
Reply 15
I got a B in unit 1 the first time and then 100% for the retake hehe
apparently its solid to even pass let alone get an A
Reply 17
HopingDragron
Going through the past papers-edexcel though- I feel the same way. 72 out of 90 is good though. I hope I only lose around 20 marks.
Yeah, a lot of it is fine. You'll do well if you revise. A lot of Biology is exam technique..
I did. It's not that difficult at all. I got full marks on one of the modules even. If you do a few practice papers then I'm sure you'll be fine :o:.
Reply 19
Edexcel Biology is a bitch!! Only 1/60 people got A in my college. 45/60 got U. (Old spec.)

Edexcel mark REALLY harshly.

Latest

Trending

Trending