The Student Room Group

PSP-3000 vs PSP Slim + Lite

Okay so the backdrop is this. I'm heading off to Uni and I'm thinking of investing in a new PSP - when i say new, I bought the original bulky one when it first came out and since then its been through quite a tough time and refuses to wake up from its slumber, so i need a new one.

Problem is there are two types, the 2nd Gen PSP Slim + Lite and the PSP-3000, the latter of which is considerably more expensive.

Is it worth buying the 3000 for the upgrades technical specs?
Slim+Lite for custom firmware :yep:

Unless you can downgrade the 3000 now.
What is so great about the PSP anyway? I though it had kind of died.
Reply 3
doggyfizzel
What is so great about the PSP anyway? I though it had kind of died.

I would consider gettin a DS instead, but i'm so much more a Sony guy lol :cool:
Mozzi
I would consider gettin a DS instead, but i'm so much more a Sony guy lol :cool:

Eurgh if you enjoyed your PSP enough to get another one, you'll probably hate a DS tbh :yep:
Reply 5
the 3000 [im not sure about right now] had horrible interlacing on the screen, which is an unchangable hardware fault

even if this isnt present now, get the slim+lite....custom firmware etc
Reply 6
Magnanimity
Slim+Lite for custom firmware :yep:

Unless you can downgrade the 3000 now.

unforutnately u cant =[
Reply 7
also, the new slim and lites [2004 i think] have the same motherboard as the 3000, so u cant use custom firmware
Reply 8
Rumours of PSP Go! are abound on the net, a non UMD/download only version of the PSP with an aesthetoc overhaul - maybe wait until Xmas and see what's on the horizon
Reply 9
chaywa
Rumours of PSP Go! are abound on the net, a non UMD/download only version of the PSP with an aesthetoc overhaul - maybe wait until Xmas and see what's on the horizon

I was just reading about the PSP Go! :smile:
Linkage to PSP Go, anyone?
Reply 11
Magnanimity
Linkage to PSP Go, anyone?

At times like this i know i should enable the History on my web browser lol.
I'll try to look for the URL though :smile:

Latest