Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was illegal already. Whats with the new laws?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately it is legal here. Can't beleive some of the idiotic things I've seen ppl do while driving and talking on a cell. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember, I don't drive and I don't have a mobile phone. Kill brain cells, and I only got a few (3? or is it 4) left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Can't remember, I don't drive and I don't have a mobile phone. Kill brain cells, and I only got a few (3? or is it 4) left.
    at least you have that many

ReputationRep:
    before 1st december, you can do what ever you want with a mobile phone while driving....

including making calls and texing....

..althought the goverment advised you pull over first.

as of the 1st of december it will be ilegal to talk on or play with a hand held unit.

you can still talk with a hands free kit and the government advises its safes to have one fitted in your car.

it carries 3 points and £1000 fine every time your caught.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    before 1st december, you can do what ever you want with a mobile phone while driving....

as of the 1st of december it will be ilegal to talk on or play with a hand held unit.

you can still talk with a hands free kit and the government advises its safes to have one fitted in your car.

love Katy ***
    Ah, thank you, I've been listening to the news all day and was very confused. It wasn't very well explained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy ***
    I thought it was already illegal - hence my chucking the phone on the floor everytime I go past a police car lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I thought it was already illegal - hence my chucking the phone on the floor everytime I go past a police car lol
    silly billy!!

however, you could be done for driving without due care and attention....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    this is a bit of a random point but i was reading in my coursework that the biggest cause of accidents (where the driver has been distracted in the car by something s'he is doing) is picking noses

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the 13th of december when all the idiots talking on phones whilst driving become criminals.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.