This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I thought it was illegal already. Whats with the new laws?
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unfortunately it is legal here. Can't beleive some of the idiotic things I've seen ppl do while driving and talking on a cell. :rolleyes:
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can't remember, I don't drive and I don't have a mobile phone. Kill brain cells, and I only got a few (3? or is it 4) left.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Can't remember, I don't drive and I don't have a mobile phone. Kill brain cells, and I only got a few (3? or is it 4) left.
at least you have that many
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
before 1st december, you can do what ever you want with a mobile phone while driving....

including making calls and texing....

..althought the goverment advised you pull over first.

as of the 1st of december it will be ilegal to talk on or play with a hand held unit.

you can still talk with a hands free kit and the government advises its safes to have one fitted in your car.

it carries 3 points and £1000 fine every time your caught.

love Katy ***
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
before 1st december, you can do what ever you want with a mobile phone while driving....

as of the 1st of december it will be ilegal to talk on or play with a hand held unit.

you can still talk with a hands free kit and the government advises its safes to have one fitted in your car.

love Katy ***
Ah, thank you, I've been listening to the news all day and was very confused. It wasn't very well explained.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy ***
I thought it was already illegal - hence my chucking the phone on the floor everytime I go past a police car lol
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I thought it was already illegal - hence my chucking the phone on the floor everytime I go past a police car lol
silly billy!!

however, you could be done for driving without due care and attention....

love Katy ***
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this is a bit of a random point but i was reading in my coursework that the biggest cause of accidents (where the driver has been distracted in the car by something s'he is doing) is picking noses
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought it was the 13th of december when all the idiots talking on phones whilst driving become criminals.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads