Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I am doing my biology coursework 4 gcse, and it is about the rate of a reaction with potato and a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water. I have done mine about the concentration of substrate (hydrogen peroxide). I was wondering if anyone could help me with the evaluation. I no basically wot u have 2 write but can anyone tell me wot else i can put as i want 2 get a really good grade cos i wanna do biology 4 as level.
    Thanx 2 anyone who can help me!!!

below is my method, i thought that may help.

First of all I checked that all the safety measures I have previously mentioned were in place and I then started setting up the apparatus for my experiment. I secured the gas syringe to the right height on the clamp stand and I then proceeded to collect the rest of my apparatus so I could start carrying out my pilot investigation. Once I had got my other apparatus together I proceeded to fill a beaker three-quarters full of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). I did this so I did not have to keep measuring out the amounts H2O2 that I needed straight into the measuring cylinder incase I over filled it and had to pour some back. This also meant that I did not need to keep going backwards and forwards to the bottle of H2O2 after each of my repeats was over. Next I mixed together my substrate solution which consisted, sometimes of water and Hydrogen Peroxide and I poured it into the conical flask that I was using in my experiments. I then chose a potato with as little number of holes in it as possible so I could get the largest number of discs possible out of the same potato – If I changed the potato, I could be changing other factors that may affect the outcome of my experiment. Next I cut the segments of potato into small discs 5mm long. I then checked that the gas syringe was placed on 0 and with the help of somebody else, I dropped the 20 discs of potato into my substrate solution, placed the bung on the conical flask and started the timer. I then recorded the amount of gas given off every 10 seconds for 2 minutes and in virtually all of my experiments, the enzyme and the substrate had not finished reacting at the end of the 2 minutes.

sorry its so long, but thank-you sssssssssssoooooooo much 4 offering 2 help!!!

I am really desperate as it has 2 b handed in soon!!!! Please help me!
    THANX 2 ANYONE WHO HELPS!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.