The Student Room Group
Reply 1
goticgall
hi i am 15 and i am from liverpool merseyside and i need a jobe does anyone no were i can find a job and if ya do will u pls tell me ort if u no anyone will give me a good i wud be so happy thanks bye samantha hunter 15 28/09/88

try the docks....
Reply 2
Try the streets! Sorry about that! anyway errr i dunno its kinda hard wen ur young.
Reply 3
vienna95
try the docks....
thanks very much
Reply 4
Go into local restaurants and shops (avoid chain stores) and ask whether they have any need for a part time worker. You may or may not be lucky. A lot of places have a policy for not taking on under 16s but smaller establishments might take you on.

Failing that you could get a paper round or try and do some babysitting work.
Reply 5
thanks any way
Reply 6
goticgall
hi i am 15 and i am from liverpool merseyside and i need a jobe does anyone no were i can find a job and if ya do will u pls tell me ort if u no anyone will give me a good i wud be so happy thanks bye samantha hunter 15 28/09/88

try some of the restaurants/cafes in liverpool. you're probably not going to get a job in a shop or any chain companies as you would probably have to be 16, so waitressing is your best bet.

lou xxx
Reply 7
Egan1
Go into local restaurants and shops (avoid chain stores) and ask whether they have any need for a part time worker. You may or may not be lucky. A lot of places have a policy for not taking on under 16s but smaller establishments might take you on.

Failing that you could get a paper round or try and do some babysitting work.

ok taa for the advise
Reply 8
lou p
try some of the restaurants/cafes in liverpool. you're probably not going to get a job in a shop or any chain companies as you would probably have to be 16, so waitressing is your best bet.

lou xxx

thanks
Reply 9
What happens if you say your 16? Do they check? I never had to bring any ID when I got a job.
Reply 10
count yourself lucky. there are loads of jobs in liverpool. i live in a small town NEAR liverpool and it is impossible to get a job there.
Reply 11
Goat
What happens if you say your 16? Do they check? I never had to bring any ID when I got a job.

they normally ask for your national insurance number- you don'y usually get it until near your 16th birthday.

Dude
count yourself lucky. there are loads of jobs in liverpool. i live in a small town NEAR liverpool and it is impossible to get a job there.

have you tried the safeway in ormskirk? what about any of the shops in the centre (you could try WHSmiths or Woolies)... i'm sure you'll find something.

lou xxx
Reply 12
lou p
they normally ask for your national insurance number- you don'y usually get it until near your 16th birthday.

i got mine when i was 14.

have you tried the safeway in ormskirk? what about any of the shops in the centre (you could try WHSmiths or Woolies)... i'm sure you'll find something.

lou xxx

believe me, i've tried safeway, wh-smiths, dixsons, argos.
no-where needs anyone

And I Aint Working In Mcdonalds.
Reply 13
lou p

Oh yeah I forgot about that. If you go to a non chain place that would be busy at Christmas e.g. a local toy shop or similar, they might not care if you give them an excuse about not having a NI number.
Reply 14
Dude
no-where needs anyone

lol, good idea not working there... a girl from my economics works there and I'm pretty sure she is the most annoying person on this planet.... enough to put anyone off (it put off my ex-bf anyway!)

lou xxx
Goat
Oh yeah I forgot about that. If you go to a non chain place that would be busy at Christmas e.g. a local toy shop or similar, they might not care if you give them an excuse about not having a NI number.

You need it for tax purposes. If they don't use your N.I number then the company is acting illegally and are evading tax. If your not bothered about that then its up to you, although you may find that you run into problems in the future.
Reply 16
Dude
no-where needs anyone

I work in Argos and we have taken on a ridiculous amount of tempory Christmas staff! Probably about 20+. Did you ask around October? You shouldnt have difficulty getting a job Christmas time!

Although it is probably different where you live. You could commute!
Reply 17
lou p
lol, good idea not working there... a girl from my economics works there and I'm pretty sure she is the most annoying person on this planet.... enough to put anyone off (it put off my ex-bf anyway!)

lou xxx

whats her name. i might no her (that is if she is working in the ormskirk one)
The royal mail take on temporary staff this time of year to help with sorting and/or delivering for christmas - I doubt they'd be fussed about your age so long as you can work some of the shifts they have available...I'll find a link in a bit if possible (although their website stinks)

Latest

Trending

Trending