The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did that the other day when I saw my science teacher from year 8 and my sister's in year 8 now; we're so different.
Reply 2
Generally I'm looking at him and going " I hope I wasn't like that at his age.."
:yep: Definitely, she is far, far more mature then I ever was in Year 9. I think that she was kind of forced to grow up faster than I was though, hanging around with my friends and people much older than her and so on.
Reply 4
i'm an only child :frown: it smells :tongue:
Ah. The advantages of being the youngest.
Reply 6
This has always been a big thing for me, but it varies between siblings.
I have one brother who's 15, a sister who's 12 and a brother who is 5.
My 15 year old brother I've always seen as being 'young' - seeing him hit puberty was strange for me, because as a child he was my only little brother and I guess that stuck. When he was picking his GCSE/diploma options, it really hit home how old he was.
My sister is the total opposite of me, so I've always compared her to me at whatever age she's been.
My youngest brother got the opposite effect to his older brother - he's always been like a male clone of me, and so I remember what I was like at his age and consider him to be exactly the same, so treat him as his age rather than as I visualise young children in general.
Lol my sister's 10, and quite similar to me.

LOVE her!!!!!
Yeah, the fact that my brother is now 17 really scares me. I was so grown up at 17, or at least I thought I was, and he still looks like a helpless child. :frown:
Yeah, my little sister's 13 & she just seems like a little child.
When I think back to all the stuff I got up to at her age, I just want to cuddle her up in cotton wool to stop her going through it. It definitely shows you how immature you used to be.
Yeah, I remember I wasn't as idiotic as my 12yr old brother, and as for my 8 and 6yr old brothers they're fine. Both go to the same primary school I went to when I was little, that brings back memories.:p:
My sister's 17 and acts like a ******* second Mother.

I was far from responsible at that age.
Reply 12
My brother is 15 (I'm 18) and it's kinda scary because year 10 really doesn't seem that long ago to me. It all seems a bit disproportionate.
Reply 13
yeah, sometimes.