This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i don't know what so many people here have against christmas? The first few lines of 'let it snow' tells you how it is!

'Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we have no place to go, let it snow let it snow'

What I love more than anything is snow!! Give me snow!!! It snowed a month back in Newcastle but I never got to see it....come on Sheffield bring on the snow..

Oh yeah I'm getting a tree sent to me by my mam to put up in my room at uni. Plus a bit of tinsel to brighten it up. The most depressing thing is taking the decorations down from a bright cheery room to the boring one it used to be!

Adam
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Moochy)
yeh we can give presents to people at christmas its a tradition but not the way some people do.

there are loads of houses ive seen with plastic santas and spakley lights covering the outside but that defeats the whole point of christmas.

it shud be kept to december and december only... im fed up with seein adverts for special christmas offers and shops filled up with crap and toys that are just gonna get bought and wasted cus its christmas.
Yeah, i agree, cos although apparently "its the thought that counts", there's still no reason to buy for the sake of buying.
I'm not gonna buy any presants this year until two weeks before christmas, cos i just dont see the point.
What about all the poor people who have no moeny cos of our selfish greed in buying "the best present ever"
There's people without food for crying out loud!!!!

Its not fair.
Lyd
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
i don't know what so many people here have against christmas?
I have nothing against christmas, its just commericalism that gets me.
Lyd
sunshinelemming
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have nothing against christmas but i do feel that by the time it gets here im bored with it cuz they start advertising in like october its just too early.
kitty
Report 17 years ago
I love xmas and I guess tacky glo lights and stuffed santas in every shop window in the middle of autumn is something you have to live with! Lol
smirf
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Why? Whats the point? Its not as if it will come any faster. Its realy annoying.

smurf
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
normally i don't like christmas things up until december and i moan about it but this year i started decorated mt uni room already because i leave on the 12th of december and it thin it would be nice to have that chrissmassy feeling in hall for the last 3 and a bit weeks. If anyones looking for xmas lights woolworths is the cheepest i've seen. They also had xmas trees for £1.50 bargain!
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
i don't know what so many people here have against christmas? The first few lines of 'let it snow' tells you how it is!

'Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we have no place to go, let it snow let it snow'

What I love more than anything is snow!! Give me snow!!!
Adam
My sentiments exactly!! How beautiful would it be to have a white christmas...awwww....
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'm really hoping for snow as well. My hall of residence looks just like hogwarts and it'll look so lovely if its all white.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm going to lapland in February - snow, skidoos, husky sledges, snowball fights, snowman building etc etc
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I'm going to lapland in February - snow, skidoos, husky sledges, snowball fights, snowman building etc etc
Woweeee!! Will you meet santa? lol. Sledges would be fantastic.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Woweeee!! Will you meet santa? lol. Sledges would be fantastic.
If you mean Father Christmas (sorry but the santa thing annoys me for no real reason) then maybe - I doubt it though - he'll be busy making presents ready for next christmas by then

It's going to cost a bomb though £750 for accomodation + between £50 and £100 a day for activities :eek: ...there goes my meagre savings
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I'll snuggle with you!!! No?
# This is my December
These are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending
This is all I need #

By the way Lou, do you prefer the Reanimation or the original? Or have you only heard one version?
My sister really loves that song so I was going to get it for her. -I don't know which version it is though- what are the differences between the two? Do they both have a female singer singing? The one I want does.

(Original post by byb3)
Oh yeah I'm getting a tree sent to me by my mam to put up in my room at uni. Plus a bit of tinsel to brighten it up. The most depressing thing is taking the decorations down from a bright cheery room to the boring one it used to be!
Are you not going home for Christmas?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
garrr... i just watched holby city (i went out last night + videoed it... it's getting good at the moment with killer kelly). did anyone notice that there was tinsel up in the hospital??? why??? there's over a month til crimbo, there is no need for tv shows to have decs up already (students are allowed. lol)

lou xxx
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm not particularly fond of Christmas. I can stand the decorations between 21st of December and 26th of December.
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Are you not going home for Christmas?
Of course I am, I just need to be reminded of christmas here as well!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.72%
No (448)
48.28%

Watched Threads