My gf chose weed over me, what do I do?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
pretz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
A week decided to cancel all of my plans with my friends and everything just so I could be with my gf. I ended up spending the whole week home alone because she ditched me to be with her friends and smoke weed. She had a weed addiction problem about a year ago and promised me that she wouldn't smoke weed anymore because I told her next time she does I'll be gone. I just found out that she was smoking weed that week when she ditched me for her friends and she begged me to stay with her because "she wasnt thinking" when she did it. I don't know what to do. Should I leave her or should I give her one last chance?
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dump.
_s_c_o_u_t_
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
you gave her an ultimatum stick to it
Nex Angelus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol you just got seriously smoked.

literally
Mozzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mate I can so relate to your situation.

I have a really close mate and although we haven't officially become an item, we've both openly expressed our feelings for eachother etc.

The day before yesterday she was talking about going with some friend to smoke weed and stuff and tbh it really got under my skin and felt strange. I told her how i felt about the situation, but she still went and smoked some yesterday. I felt gutted.
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get Rid of her

you know deep down thats what you should do.
Eden09
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think giving her an ultimatim is going to help... tell her that she has a problem and that you want to be there to help her through it (blah blah blah) but as soon as you say 'if you smoke weed again i'm leaving you' she's not going to want to stay with you, seeing as she's already chosen the weed. Try to be supportive and get her to the docs to see if the nhs can put her into a rehab programme or something...
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate when people give ultimatums like that. It's her life, if she wants to smoke weed let her get on with it, I understand you might not like it but then again if you didn't like the clothes she wears I doubt you'd get any sympathy at all. As long as she isn't high around you what exactly is the problem?
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's like "I cheated on you but I was drunk" I mean wtf when you love someone truly you won't do stuff like that.
#Limabean1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
I hate when people give ultimatums like that. It's her life, if she wants to smoke weed let her get on with it, I understand you might not like it but then again if you didn't like the clothes she wears I doubt you'd get any sympathy at all. As long as she isn't high around you what exactly is the problem?
This, pretty much. Don't give ultimatums you know she won't keep, just end it.
LaurenGillam
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You should always consider the fact that weed is extremely addictive, you can't really blame her- maybe you should try to help her overcome the addiction if it causes problems in your relationship.
qwerty2012
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha
wazzup
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pretz)
A week decided to cancel all of my plans with my friends and everything just so I could be with my gf. I ended up spending the whole week home alone because she ditched me to be with her friends and smoke weed. She had a weed addiction problem about a year ago and promised me that she wouldn't smoke weed anymore because I told her next time she does I'll be gone. I just found out that she was smoking weed that week when she ditched me for her friends and she begged me to stay with her because "she wasnt thinking" when she did it. I don't know what to do. Should I leave her or should I give her one last chance?
was in similar situation, but with someone i went out for a short time.so i didnt care and just ditched.
depends whether you actually love her or just like her
montemoney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had a friend who chose weed over me.
it kinda hurt actually.
isawsparks89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
WOW bloody hell! Dump her! You can do better!
pretz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thud)
The problem is that she will take the joint, put it in the vagina of one of her friends then try and make me smoke it all the time shouting at me things like "how do you feel now?", "do you like weed now?" and "time to change your mind about weed".
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pretz)
The problem is that she will take the joint, put it in the vagina of one of her friends then try and make me smoke it all the time shouting at me things like "how do you feel now?", "do you like weed now?" and "time to change your mind about weed".
Don't really understand the first bit, but the second bit, if she's trying to change your mind I can imagine that would be pretty annoying, just tell her not to speak to you about it. But I don't see why she shouldn't be "allowed" to smoke it without you, you're her boyfriend not her dad.
Chris#1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Remove 'chose' from the title and we've got a thread! :cool:
pretz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thud)
Don't really understand the first bit, but the second bit, if she's trying to change your mind I can imagine that would be pretty annoying, just tell her not to speak to you about it. But I don't see why she shouldn't be "allowed" to smoke it without you, you're her boyfriend not her dad.
What don't you understand?
Charlesburg
Report 10 years ago
surley the first time you told her you would be gone was her last chance, how many last chances dose she need?
it sounds to me like she dosent actualy believe you would dump her, perhaps she needs to learn not to treat you like a doormat
also someone who is presuring you in to something like drugs is clearly not going to be the girl for you
find someone you have mutual interests with.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads