The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
I found it alright. Essay was a little limited though.
I quite liked it :smile: Bit of an anti-climax after how much I worried...
Compared to Prelim (69%):

Speaking - improved
Reading - 20/20 in the Prelim, probably not got that this time
Translation - maybe got 7 again this time
Listening - improved slightly, hopefully
DW - got 3 in the Prelim so hopefully vastly improved!
SE - can't remember prelim, hope i have 8/10 though

I ran out of time during the Reading so I missed out a 2 mark Q :rolleyes: I stared at it for like 5 mins and couldn't see what it was, so I just guessed. The Reading is actually a blank - I can't remember it at all!

My teacher showed me the answers she'd written down during the listening and I think I've got 12 - 14 for it: I don't think I was precise enough, or I slightly misunderstood. ;(

I really want an A though because I want to do AH if it's available: if I get a B I'll be absolutely gutted, I put in so much work for it. I never imagined I'd be pushed for time during the Reading.
Reply 243
Urgh, well that was interesting!
spent wayyyyy to long answering the reading questions, trying to be precise and didn't finish the translation or even get on to DW :frown:
listening was good, might have missed a few marks for accuracy, and the essay wasnt too bad, couple of good sentences in there (:
theres always a repeat, but I cant believe im saying that when i was so against it after the prelim (:
problem is i was a bit thrown today, got bad news about someone in the family in the middle of the night :frown: couldn't really keep focus by the end of it...
oh well, not too bad overall!
Reply 244
ShieldsG

problem is i was a bit thrown today, got bad news about someone in the family in the middle of the night :frown: couldn't really keep focus by the end of it...
oh well, not too bad overall!

Surely you'll be entitled to an appeal? :console:
Aw man, it went well! :smile:

I'm pretty sure I have an A, considering Speaking counts as 25%. The reading was apparently quite difficult, but I thought it was ok. Which is weird for me. I think about 9/10 in the translation.

Listening - eh, ok. At least 15, it wasn't bad.

At first the essay threw me, but I just said I liked the scenery then moaned about the health problem in Scotland, then living language advantages, and a little about the differences between French and Scottish schools.

DW, was alright-ish. I think I've passed it haha. My writing always has tons of little inaccuracies though, which will probably drop my mark.

Overall, nae bee :smile:
The listening was amazingly kind! So clear and easy to pick out answers! We were lucky!

Reading felt really good too, directed writing was fine, a bit dull I thought, nothing to say about spare time and all...it was probably the most open to interpretation one I've seen but I felt rushed, spent the hour on reading + trans and thought all was going well but as per that last ten minutes was very unexpected :/ My mate and I totally agreed we had to rush to fit in the last 3 bullets but oh well. And opinion essay was also quite fair, all in all very good paper!

I also have the full 25 for speaking so hoping that I will have done really well...fingers crossed for August!!

Anyone else gutted 'cause they actually have to do this all over again in 2 weeks for Spanish? I am nowhere near as confident for it :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending