The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

"Joining pack" for people starting in September?

Logged on to myed today (so confusing!) just to see if there was any info there (wasn't looking for anything specific, just being nosy :p: ).

Noticed something saying that they send "joining packs" out to new students - has anyone received this yet? Also, do we get a "reading list" or anything like that?! It's for law (College of Humanities?), if that makes any difference.

I haven't received *anything* from Edinburgh through the post, just hoping I haven't somehow been missed out!

(am very, very excited.... :biggrin: )
RockyRoad
Also, do we get a "reading list" or anything like that?! It's for law (College of Humanities?), if that makes any difference.

There's no reading list before you start.

As for the joining pack, I don't think I got mine until the August before I started. They probably won't have written the stuff that's going in it yet.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
artorscience?
There's no reading list before you start.

As for the joining pack, I don't think I got mine until the August before I started. They probably won't have written the stuff that's going in it yet.

I got a reading list! well, it was a link to an online one in the joining pack.

Think I got mine July/August time.
bruisepristine
I got a reading list! well, it was a link to an online one in the joining pack.

Think I got mine July/August time.

you got a reading list???
for linguistics??
i didn't!
oxymoronic
you got a reading list???
for linguistics??
i didn't!

It wasn't really a reading list, in that it said something along the lines of... "you might find the following useful for background reading" - I can't even remember what was on it, some "introduction to Linguistics" type thing I think. (I didn't ever read it). I know Crystal's Encyclopedia of the English Language was on the list for English Language.. but I can't remember about Ling.

Latest

Trending

Trending