The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 21
I think once your past 16/18 age gaps aren't really relevant as long as you get on with each other.
Reply 22
Yeah seriously don't worry about it. When I was 17 I was with a 22 year old guy. My best friend had a major problem with it and now we don't really talk much. But at the end of the day you can't let people tell you how to live your life or you'll never be happy.
I know people who've had almost a 20 year age gap.

The most important thing is that you're on a similar maturity level otherwise age gaps can lead to becoming frustrated because you want different things or don't see eye to eye on things because of different levels of life experience.

Personally I prefer older guys, as long as they're not trying to take advantage of you, they just know what they're doing.
God, no. I'm 19 and have dated a 37 year-old and am currently dating a 23 year old. Age difference doesn't make a difference as to who you fall for...although it was never going to go anywhere with the 37 year old.

Please keep anon or delete.
age dosnt make a relationship wrong...
im 17 and my boyfriend is 21 and its fine... we both get on with most of eachothersfriends and its ace at times.
Listen to the Pigeon Detectives-Take her back

Its not too much of a difference, I'm 17 my boyfriend is 20, we've been together a year, and honestly I'm the more mature one!

Fake id comes in handy though :wink: :wink:
She's still a minor until she's 18. You're dating a child.
Reply 27
i think the age gap is fine, its not a problem dnt listen 2 wht others say just follow ur heart lol if u 2 like each other i say GO 4 IT :d X gd luck x
Reply 28
Reue and Hula129 are 21 and 18. Age is not a problem at all as everything else makes us perfect together.
Reply 29
No.
It's fine..
Half + 7 = 17.5

It's all good.
It's fine, ignore your friends.
Melting Sugar.
It's fine, ignore your friends.

Agreed. It's how you and the other person feels that counts everyone else is secondary.
Reply 33
as long its not illegal who cares :wink:
free_the_mind
Agreed. It's how you and the other person feels that counts everyone else is secondary.

:yep:

If you split up because of your friends thinking the age difference is weird then you're always going to wonder what things would have been like if you'd just ignored them and stayed together.
No! I don't think there's anything wrong with that agegap personally
Morbo
Actually, 21/7*2 = 6. That's like a paedo's rule of thumb for maximum age.

It's 21/2 + 7 (which = 17.5, as you said...)

Oh yeah, that was what I meant, thanks! Maths was never really my area of expertise tbh. :cool:
Reply 37
nope- in my opinion it's actually ideal :smile:
Reply 38
when i was 21 i dated a girl that was 18 (it's almost the same). it's fine really
This is the same gap me and my bf had :smile: I was worried he would be worried that he was dating a 17 year old but he was cool :smile: Yea, the age gap is cool :smile: Especially as you both sound fairly mature? And think of like old married couples who have gaps of ten plus years...granted we probs not as mature...but surely not to far off ? hehe
yea just go for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending