The Student Room Group

Do non asian girls ever like Asian GUYS?(oriental)

Keep anon please.

NOTE: I mean oriental asian, not indian.

First off let me start off by saying I don't have an inferiority complex, I'm not one of those people who dream of being with a white girls, I like all races, it all depends on the person.

We've all seen asian girls with white/brown/black guys but you very rarely see asian guys with white/brown/black girls.

Go ahead and call me shallow, I don't care, but this is what I have noticed.

With white girls:
The only white girls who like asian guys are-
Anime obsessed Fangirls/Otaku's
Ugly ones who can only get ugly white guys

With black girls:
This one is pretty mixed up.
Some black girls love asian guys
Some hate them(This one black girl in my class said I was the only good looking guy from my country[phillipines] and this other one said I was the ugliest in the class[HARSH!])
Problem is quite alot of asian guys aren't into black girls(like myself, no offence, I just prefer petite girls)

with brown girls(latinas, arabs, south asia[india]etc:
Same with black girls.
I seem to get quite alot of attention from south asian girls(indian/pakistani) but not latinas.

I also get alot of attention from asian girls, but you also get some racist(secretly) ones who are(secretly) ashamed of their race and only ever date non asians(some of my cousins are like this)

Obviously I generalised that so please don't get offended, but MOST of the time that is what I noticed.

I'm a filipino with spanish and some chinese and italian blood, people mistake me for alot of things, chinese, japanese, brazilian, mexican, indian, argentinian, indonesian, etc...I have had some interest from white girls(a few pretty good looking ones, but they were just random people I didn't know) but MOST of the time they were as I described, quite ugly..I have had a white girlfriend, but once again, she was obsessed with Anime and everything japanese(a weaboo), when I told her I had a japanese cousin she went nuts and said I was awsome cause I have some japanese in me(I DON'T, she was just dumb), quite pathetic actually.

What are your opinion/experiences? Keep in mind I'm talking about oriental asians, most indian guys have no problems getting with girls from different races, they have no problem as long as their good looking.

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
Keep anon please.

First off let me start off by saying I don't have an inferiority complex, I'm not one of those people who dream of being with a white girls, I like all races, it all depends on the person.

We've all seen asian girls with white/brown/black guys but you very rarely see asian guys with white/brown/black girls.

With white girls:

With black girls:
Some hate them(This one black girl in my class said I was the only good looking guy from my country[phillipines] and this other one said I was the ugliest in the class[HARSH!])
Problem is quite alot of asian guys aren't into black girls(like myself, no offence, I just prefer petite girls)

Same with black girls.
I seem to get quite alot of attention from south asian girls(indian/pakistani) but not latinas.

I also get alot of attention from asian girls, but you also get some racist(secretly) ones who are(secretly) ashamed of their race and only ever date non asians(some of my cousins are like this)

Obviously I generalised that so please don't get offended, but MOST of the time that is what I noticed.

I'm a filipino with spanish and some chinese and italian blood, people mistake me for alot of things, chinese, japanese, brazilian, mexican, indian, argentinian, indonesian, etc...I have had some interest from white girls(a few pretty good looking ones, but they were just random people I didn't know) but MOST of the time they were as I described, quite ugly..I have had a white girlfriend, but once again, she was obsessed with Anime and everything japanese(a weaboo), when I told her I had a japanese cousin she went nuts and said I was awsome cause I have some japanese in me(I DON'T, she was just dumb), quite pathetic actually.

What are your opinion/experiences? Keep in mind I'm talking about oriental asians, most indian guys have no problems getting with girls from different races, they have no problem as long as their good looking.

hi

I'm european, african & asian. (okay, so am not completely non asia- but I am not fully either!-- Message still valid?)

Well
Anonymous
I like all races, it all depends on the person.

oh & your Anime and everything japanese obsessed (ex) girlfriend:biggrin: simply made laugh and get freaked out all at the same time (so there were laughs and pauses and laughs and pauses)
thank you for reminding me thoose people exist
:s-smilie: I thought I left such people/ truly parted away from them in secondary sch

& I'm pretty sure there are some Latinas that dig the Oriental :yep:
I'm fully Asian (Chinese by way of Singapore), and at least here in Canada I've had no problem with girls of other races. If you project yourself as confident, funny and not worry about whether they like you or not, you'll get plenty of attention, trust me.

I've yet to meet a single girl who swears against Asian guys. Some might prefer other races but when the right guy comes along they don't discriminate.
Reply 3
You're Filippino??!! My best friend is Filippino!! But he's gay haha.

I'm really into Asian guys. My first bf was Japanese, another of my boyfriends was Japanese. I've had flings with a couple of Chinese guys, and last year a few Taiwanese guys were into me I think, but they weren't of interest. Only one guy was hot, and he was soooo f*cking shy. -_-"

Yeah. And I'm no Otaku-lover. I do watch dramas, I've watched one animé and a half, and I have a few mangas, but I'm doing BA Chinese, not Japanese. And I am not obsessed with Japan, but by Asia in general. I don't think I'm outright ugly... And I have dated what some call pretty hot French guys. So I don't "just" date ugly white guys. -_-"""

So yeah. White girls are sometimes into Asians without being butt-ugly or Japan-oriented freaks.
Reply 4
I like Asian guys :smile: I'm not ugly or obsessed with anime haha.
Anonymous
Keep anon please.

With white girls:

With black girls:

Same with black girls.

Your brain has problems. I have bolded just several things that alone and especially together make your post so incoherent and offensive that you've effed up any chance of having a decent debate. It seems as if your mind just won't be able to comprehend the complex ideas. You slagged off your own ex-girlfriend, including generalising white people, making me think why the **** did you even date that girl then? You've had 1 white girlfriend... oh, well ******* done. So who else have you been dating all your life, hmm? Probably NOBODY or only "oriental" girls. And, by the way, just that you had to use the word "oriental" shows that your thinking is underdeveloped. And I'm not saying that on grounds of being PC.

You disregarded black girls because you like 'petite' girls... okay... thanks for saying black girls could, omg, never be 'petite'. Good luck finding a 'petite' white girl (who would want YOU of all men on earth) because, well, white girls just tend to be 'bigger' than 'small' asian men (yay, more stereotypes to add fuel to the foolish fire).

I am black. My recent dating pool consists of these "orientals" you speak of. And if you had any concept of what it takes to bypass cultural differences, or what would even make a "non asian" even statistically notice and choose an "oriental" guy (the minority of all sexually represented males in the western world) over any other more apparent visual (white, black, latino, Indian asian, etc.) you would know that it is - GASP - INTEREST IN THEIR CULTURE. So forgive your "pathetic" girlfriend for giving a **** about you. Although you mislead her into believing you had an automatic talking point (an icebreaker, if you will) which is Japanese heritage.

Believe you me (and I am sure you'll be hard-pressed to dredge up otherwise) ANY non-asian girl dating an East-asian guy MUST be interested in his culture or language or anything else specifically related to his racial/cultural origin. Or else the guys may as well just date their own race. Time and time again I reach hurdles with my Japanese boyfriend but, hey, it works because a) I speak the language and b) I am getting to grips with the culture so c) I can be bothered to work through the difficulties I wouldn't encounter if I just went for a British / Western guy.

Bloody hell. I have more points to make but my post is tl;dr already. Sigh.
Reply 6
Oh god YES do I love East Asian Guys! I find them far more attractive physically. When I spent a year in Japan I actually started walking down the street finding several guys in one day attractive rather than finding the occasional guy every 3 months or so normally. This is purely on a physical level, however. However I would add, that there are certain elements I do prefer in (specifically) Japanese guys, such as a more mysterious and modest demeanour, although I can't share humour and wit as much as I can with British Guys. I would also say that it's no based on an Otaku-filled obsession with Japan, but merely a preference of features that more East Asian guys seem to have. Also, like sideways_gun, I speak the language and take a deep interest in Japanese culture, which is probably part of my attraction in the first place.
Reply 7
sideways_gun
Your brain has problems. I have bolded just several things that alone and especially together make your post so incoherent and offensive that you've effed up any chance of having a decent debate. It seems as if your mind just won't be able to comprehend the complex ideas. You slagged off your own ex-girlfriend, including generalising white people, making me think why the **** did you even date that girl then? You've had 1 white girlfriend... oh, well ******* done. So who else have you been dating all your life, hmm? Probably NOBODY or only "oriental" girls. And, by the way, just that you had to use the word "oriental" shows that your thinking is underdeveloped. And I'm not saying that on grounds of being PC.

You disregarded black girls because you like 'petite' girls... okay... thanks for saying black girls could, omg, never be 'petite'. Good luck finding a 'petite' white girl (who would want YOU of all men on earth) because, well, white girls just tend to be 'bigger' than 'small' asian men (yay, more stereotypes to add fuel to the foolish fire).

I am black. My recent dating pool consists of these "orientals" you speak of. And if you had any concept of what it takes to bypass cultural differences, or what would even make a "non asian" even statistically notice and choose an "oriental" guy (the minority of all sexually represented males in the western world) over any other more apparent visual (white, black, latino, Indian asian, etc.) you would know that it is - GASP - INTEREST IN THEIR CULTURE. So forgive your "pathetic" girlfriend for giving a **** about you. Although you mislead her into believing you had an automatic talking point (an icebreaker, if you will) which is Japanese heritage.

Believe you me (and I am sure you'll be hard-pressed to dredge up otherwise) ANY non-asian girl dating an East-asian guy MUST be interested in his culture or language or anything else specifically related to his racial/cultural origin. Or else the guys may as well just date their own race. Time and time again I reach hurdles with my Japanese boyfriend but, hey, it works because a) I speak the language and b) I am getting to grips with the culture so c) I can be bothered to work through the difficulties I wouldn't encounter if I just went for a British / Western guy.

Bloody hell. I have more points to make but my post is tl;dr already. Sigh.

You know what, I was reading that idiot's message in shock. How can you be so ignorant and generalise **** like that? I know plenty of black girls and most of them are petite. Like you said he does not know sh*t , probably has never dated a girl in his life!!!!!!

sideways_gun I was about to do the same thing you did, highlight all that is wrong in his message then let him know about it....but you did it perfectly:biggrin:
Eien
Oh god YES do I love East Asian Guys! I find them far more attractive physically. When I spent a year in Japan I actually started walking down the street finding several guys in one day attractive rather than finding the occasional guy every 3 months or so normally. This is purely on a physical level, however. However I would add, that there are certain elements I do prefer in (specifically) Japanese guys, such as a more mysterious and modest demeanour, although I can't share humour and wit as much as I can with British Guys. I would also say that it's no based on an Otaku-filled obsession with Japan, but merely a preference of features that more East Asian guys seem to have. Also, like sideways_gun, I speak the language and take a deep interest in Japanese culture, which is probably part of my attraction in the first place.

lil'minx
You know what, I was reading that idiot's message in shock. How can you be so ignorant and generalise Sh*t like that? I know plenty of black girls and most of them are petite. Like you said he does not know sh*t , probably has never dated a girl in his life!!!!!!

sideways_gun I was about to do the same thing you did, highlight all that is wrong in his message then let him know about it....but you did it perfectly

High fives to the both of y'all!!!! :five: and :five:
Ethnically I'm half oriental and half white, and I've only ever been with white girls... nothing against girls of other races, that's just the way it's happened.

I'm assuming that none of them have had a problem with my ancestry; none of them have been ugly or - as far as I know - into anime...
I'm a white girl and I prefer asians.
In fact, I really don't see myself being with any other race. >o<
And nooo, I'm not some fat, anime-obsessed otaku girl. I take care of myself, I actually bathe, I know how to do my hair/make-up and how to dress. : P lol.
I get attention from white guys all the time, but there's no asians guys where I live. Well, there are a few, but they're all taken!>:tongue:pp

And, well, I know a lot of other really pretty white girls who adore asian guys. c: You guys are so handsome and sweet (most of the time). xD
My guy is an extremely smart, discipline, assertive, selfless, modest and humble Vietnamese. I like him a lot when we've just officially became g/bf. I guess you just need to develop your physical appearance and confidence, then your race is not a single matter. (Keep in mind that there are white girls who prefer to date white guys only, but the sea is plenty of fishes, just try.
Might I ask that we change "oriental" to East Asian, that sounds much better!
Anonymous

With black girls:

Umm... and I don't like Asian men because I prefer masculine guys. Do you see how ignorant that sounds and what a gross generalisation that is?

There are many petite black girls, as there are masculine Asian men.

I'm black and smaller than all my white and asian friends. I know a handful of other 'petite' black girls. Don't really get your point.
Reply 14
Nope, never attracted to Asians
Fail.
Reply 16
All oriental people stay within their own groups and avoid mixing with white people, which probably makes it difficult for white people to form relationships with those of oriental origin.
i dont find any none white guys attractive
Reply 18
See the following graph for response rates on a dating site:

Race isn't a deciding factor in who I like... :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending