The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not that they care so much, it's me who cares. I don't think I'm fat as such, although I used to have major problems with my weight and insecurity, I just don't like my shape and when you're stood next to incredibly skinny girls with massive boobs, it seems to act as a catalyst for all the problems that were in your head. Maybe I could spike all their food with calories :smile:

Merci for the cyber-pat, it's much appreciated... I think. It sounds funny.
Reply 41
Stay away from women's magzines... and tv... and newspaper... bah. lock yourself up.
And revise? Good plan. It's a common good.
Reply 43
Revision... yes. That. is. some. thing. I. should. be. doing...
Reply 44
priya
think some accomodation at clare is ensuite for first years, but obviously it will be more expensive. same is true for jesus as well i think, can't speak for girton i'm afraid. Sidney don't have ensuite for first years, however you only have to share the bathrooms with a max of 3/4 other people- there are usually several shower rooms dotted around on each floor, not all of them are power showers, but they're not bad.

How many people are there to a shower in Garden Court? I think we may have it slightly better in Cromwell, where it's definitely only 4 to a shower. Before Blundell was made ensuite it used to be 10 to a shower - and that was absolutely fine.
Reply 45
it's 12 to a shower and a bathtub with shower in my staircase at the moment. I've been told by a friend of mine in Peterhouse that they share 1 shower between 10.
Reply 46
whens the best imt eto get in the shower then?
Reply 47
JHutcher
whens the best imt eto get in the shower then?

I think I share the shower here with 6 others (I'm at the other place) and last term there was only 1 time when I had to wait to use it - every other morning I got straight in there at about 8.15/30.
Reply 48
I share my shower with 6 other people and very rarely have to wait. The busy period is between 8-8:30 in the morning, but even so it's generally ok. Had my first communal shower experience at rowing camp last week :eek:
obviusly never been to iceland - all the public baths require nakced communal showing before entering and there is a lady employed to make sure everyone washes and little diagrams telling u where to wash. a special experience
Reply 50
specialhelen
obviusly never been to iceland - all the public baths require nakced communal showing before entering and there is a lady employed to make sure everyone washes and little diagrams telling u where to wash. a special experience

sounds lovely
Some staircases at Corpus don't even have showers. They do however have baths. I don't believe they're communal.
Reply 52
higherspeed
Some staircases at Corpus don't even have showers. They do however have baths. I don't believe they're communal.

you have to share them with other people, but not at the same time, if that's what's implied by communal!!

the accomodation where i live has quite a few bathrooms with baths and a couple with showers. the one i use is down a flight of stairs because i prefer to have a shower rather than a bath.

morning isn't busy because a lot of students dont have 9ams every day!
higherspeed

oh, I hope I can have a bath at Clare.. anyone?

I don't actually HAVE a shower at home :eek:
Reply 54
platinumki
oh, I hope I can have a bath at Clare.. anyone?

I don't actually HAVE a shower at home :eek:

There're certainly baths around. For my interview I stayed in one of the attic rooms in Thirkill (either 1st or 2nd staircase on the left just after passing under library building heading towards uni library) - there was a bath on that landing, so even if you don't have one on your staircase, just make friends with someone who does :smile:.
PhilipGarsed
There're certainly baths around. For my interview I stayed in one of the attic rooms in Thirkill (either 1st or 2nd staircase on the left just after passing under library building heading towards uni library) - there was a bath on that landing, so even if you don't have one on your staircase, just make friends with someone who does :smile:.

fabulous. I quite fancy going now. :smile:
Reply 56
platinumki
fabulous. I quite fancy going now. :smile:

for a bath or to Clare? :p: At least you don't have to work in the bath....
PhilipGarsed
for a bath or to Clare? :p: At least you don't have to work in the bath....

you do? :confused:
Reply 58
PhilipGarsed

That's Ashby court, J staircase :biggrin: Which room did you stay in? There's three in the attic, one on the right as you're come onto the landing from the stairs, or two on the left? Was it the first door or the one at the end?
Reply 59
fishpaste
That's Ashby court, J staircase :biggrin: Which room did you stay in? There's three in the attic, one on the right as you're come onto the landing from the stairs, or two on the left? Was it the first door or the one at the end?

Thirkill's the one to the left of the main mem complex then isn't it? Well - I've not been in Cambridge for 5 months

Turn left at the end of the very top of the stairs, past bathroom, and door at the end. Who lives there I wonder *Intrigued* (not that i'll know them)

Latest

Trending

Trending