Turn on thread page Beta

what are the themes in rosencrantz and guildenstein? watch

hey i'm doin this book 4 a levels and i really need a grip on it .can you help.i need an indepth study on tom stoppards book.what is he really talkin abt in detail please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elumonya)
    hey i'm doin this book 4 a levels and i really need a grip on it .can you help.i need an indepth study on tom stoppards book.what is he really talkin abt in detail please.
    I saw the play last year for my live theatre essay (AQA Unit 3) question in Drama & Theatre Studies - are you studying it for drama?
    Anyways, I'm guessing you know that the play is based around Hamlet and I'm not really a great swot on the themes of the play, however, looking at my notes there seems to be great emphasis put on the ideas and theory of chance and probability, being lucky or being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time.
    There seems to be some scribble about duplicity/superficiality and the ideas of self-gain also.
    The play also starts to completely merge into the action of Hamlet. The end parts where Hamlet appears on the ship as Rosencrantz + Gildernstern is really an indicator of how the principal characters are about to share the same fate as the principle characters of Hamlet, ie. DEATH lol

Hope I helped! Good Luck! Feel free to message me anytime x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.