The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

yeah i heard all the girls look like horses.
University of York
York
Reply 2
When I was in Borders the girl working there was an ancient studies student, and she was really cute. That's one for you. :awesome:
Reply 3
Good thread, solid first post too
Reply 4
I've heard this rumour too, except it was on here, so it's probably just a self-perpetuating myth.
Reply 5
Ouch...bit harsh but im afraid i have to agree, went there for open day....has to be said i didn't see any lookers..

oh well i've firmed it now..will have to live a sad life come October :frown:
Reply 6
70% of pies produced worldwide end up in York.

Source
Reply 7
you're mean. this is the second time tsr has had this discussion!
Reply 8
I have a friend at York and she's pretty hot.
Reply 9
taheki
70% of pies produced worldwide end up in York.

Source

Nice... You got me... I think i hate you :p:
I have a friend at York, he's hot. :smile:
Omg, yes!

We're all green and we have these weird tentacle things coming out of our heads!

/sarcasm

Of course there are hot people at York. There are also less hot people. Why would one university attract a relatively high proportion of unattractive people?
Reply 12
Schmokie Dragon
Omg, yes!

We're all green and we have these weird tentacle things coming out of our heads!

/sarcasm

Of course there are hot people at York. There are also less hot people. Why would one university attract a relatively high proportion of unattractive people?

I think it is always unwise to postulate statistical independence of indicators. I think one would accept that there are certain characteristics that can be used as statistical indicators at every university. For example, there is a certainly a stronger relation between the property "Student at York University" and "Well educated" than there is between "Student at York St John":p: and "Well educated." Now, there are certainly other characteristics correlated with "Well educated" - "Intelligence or "Wealth", for example. Then it can be demonstrated that these two properties are correlated - not necessarily causal of course - factors with a student being at the university of York. I've said nothing that anybody would disagree except for maybe some subjective points on what represents the terms I used. Now, suppose some other characteristic is correlated with being at the university of York, anything, something innocent, universities attract types, you know, and suppose further that this characteristic is correlated with being dog ugly. Then a correlation exists between being very ugly and studying at York. Of course, no such factor may exist, but it shows a grave disrespect for statistics to postulate its non-existence. Be shameful.
90% of the people from york are boring as ****.

mainly because, york is boring as ****

and there seems to be quite a positive correlation between having a boring genotype and a completely minging phenotype :biggrin:

so yeah, i would say so.
Reply 14
Nex Angelus

and there seems to be quite a positive correlation between having a boring genotype and a completely minging phenotype :biggrin:

so yeah, i would say so.

Yeah, it's dull.
Reply 15
*sigh*

Never gets old...

Oh, and 'Nex Angelus', you've met 90% of the people from York, have you?
Everyone from there just comes to leeds, despite it being like 50miles away, kinda shows desperation.
Schmokie Dragon
Omg, yes!

/sarcasm

Cambridge for obvious reasons
Reply 18
Nex Angelus

so yeah, i would say so.

uhoh.............****..good choice me!
Reply 19
Nex Angelus
Everyone from there just comes to leeds, despite it being like 50miles away, kinda shows desperation.

I applaud your truly atrocious knowledge of geography.

Self proclaimed sayer of silly things, I have one piece of constructive advice: sod off.

Latest