The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Take a pregnancy test. I highly doubt anyone can tell you if you're pregnant just by looking at a post on an internet forum :wink:
Reply 2
I didnt ask if you thought i was pregnant i asked if 3 days was a long time for my period to be late?
Reply 3
I guess it depends whether it's normally late for you, i.e. is it often a few days late?
-Emmz-
Take a pregnancy test. I highly doubt anyone can tell you if you're pregnant just by looking at a post on an internet forum :wink:

:dito: hope it all works out :frown:

PS DUMB thing to do, no offense
Reply 5
need_money
I didnt ask if you thought i was pregnant i asked if 3 days was a long time for my period to be late?

That depends on how long you've had them. They could just be irregular still.
need_money

I know, but that's what you really want to know.
Are you usually regular? I guess three days really isn't that long if you're not regular or if you've been particularly stressed. But knowing you'd had unprotected sex I think a pregnancy test would be wise.
Reply 7
Well sometimes it is, not always. Hasn't been late the past few times but i dunno, i heard stress can delay your periods and i've been pretty stressed lately about a lot of things so maybe (and hopefully thats whats up) but i'm still scared to death.
Reply 8
Sigh. I knew this thread was coming when I read the other one three weeks ago.
Reply 9
Are your periods often several days late or early? Have you recently done anything to disrupt your cycle, like coming on/off the pill, or doing large amounts of travelling? If so, it's quite likely that you're simply late. If you're usually very regular, you might want to start thinking about getting a couple of pregnancy tests.
Well it depends if your periods are quite irregular. At the moment for some bizzare reason its not unusual for me to be three days late. However, if this is unusual for you, you should def get it checked out :smile: Good luck.
need_money
Some of you may remember me posting a thread 3 weeks ago saying i had unprotected sex with someone and was worried that if he had came, i could be pregnant. Well, now is time to panic because my period is 3 days late! :bawling: Is there still a chance that they are just late or is 3 days long to still be waiting?

My period cycle is around 32 days. My period never comes on time- so you'll never know unless you regularly check and record your cycles to prove that it's late. If you're still worried, there's no harm in a quick pregnancy test, because you shouldnt leave your worries to stir in your mind- be proactive, and do something now :smile:
Reply 12
xbellax
:dito: hope it all works out :frown:

PS DUMB thing to do, no offense

I know i know i had all the lectures in the original thread.
Reply 13
Madelyn
Are your periods often several days late or early? Have you recently done anything to disrupt your cycle, like coming on/off the pill, or doing large amounts of travelling? If so, it's quite likely that you're simply late. If you're usually very regular, you might want to start thinking about getting a couple of pregnancy tests.

Well thing is, i'm not VERY regular. My periods are quite fussy and sometimes they'll be on time and sometimes they'll be a day late or early. They haven't been really late for a while now though.
Reply 14
No. I'm back at school now so i guess i could get one at lunchtime or something.
Reply 15
Go out ASAP and buy yourself two home pregnancy tests. Book an appointment with your GP. What about the guy, can you talk to him about it? Or your friends, siblings, parents? Failing anything else, go to a family planning or Brook clinic. You need to talk to people - real people, not just us lot on the net.
need_money
Some of you may remember me posting a thread 3 weeks ago saying i had unprotected sex with someone and was worried that if he had came, i could be pregnant. Well, now is time to panic because my period is 3 days late! :bawling: Is there still a chance that they are just late or is 3 days long to still be waiting?

Well it is hard to say if you could be pregnant if you are sometimes a bit irregular as three days late isn't much. Don't forget stress and worry doesn't help-Once I was over a week late. I started to panic after only being a few days late and then the worry just made things worse so I don't think extreme stress helped. If you are often 3 days late then don't worry yet but don't leave it too long before a pregnancy test because if you are then the sooner you find out the sooner you can think about what to do. Jusr take a test as then you can stop worrying as yes ok you might be irregular but you know there is a good chance you could be pregnant!!!
Reply 17
you won't know unless a) you get your period sometime soon or b) you're pregnant

if you periods are higgledy piggledy like mine, there is no way of knowing if it is late or not unless you do a test.

i hope you're not, for your sake...
Reply 18
You made that thread on Sunday 3rd April and you said you had unprotected sex on Friday 1st. You also said that Friday morning was when your period stopped. So, presumably it started (around) Monday (?) 28th March. So, four weeks later would be roughly when your next period is due - ie *this* Monday coming. I know its not 4 weeks for everyone, but if I were you I'd just expect it that Monday...and then start getting worried if you've not got it by...Friday?
But anyway...as I just said - you're *not* pregnant.
Reply 19
k@tie
You made that thread on Sunday 3rd April and you said you had unprotected sex on Friday 1st. You also said that Friday morning was when your period stopped. So, presumably it started (around) Monday (?) 28th March. So, four weeks later would be roughly when your next period is due - ie *this* Monday coming. I know its not 4 weeks for everyone, but if I were you I'd just expect it that Monday...and then start getting worried if you've not got it by...Friday?
But anyway...as I just said - you're *not* pregnant.

:eek:...ok, well thanks for that, i'll wait til monday, if i still dont have it i'm getting a test. I won't be able to get a test until at least monday anyways.

Latest

Trending

Trending