The Student Room Logo
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
This thread is closed

Brunel Freshers 09

Scroll to see replies

mcbear
guys was wondering if anybody knows how an when do i sign up for the football team at brunel. I had heard you have to get a BUGS membership which I have but it still hasnt let me sign up? Do i sign up when we move in? Please help x

Yer think you need to get Sports Fed Card - think they are about £15 - get them from Sports Centre desk, where the GYM is - ask them there when you move in.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
I know should most probably make a new thread for this but.. It is going to be my birthday soon, and was wondering where to go in Uxbridge. If anyone knows any nice restaurants and bars could you let me know. Thanks
mcbear
guys was wondering if anybody knows how an when do i sign up for the football team at brunel. I had heard you have to get a BUGS membership which I have but it still hasnt let me sign up? Do i sign up when we move in? Please help x

You need to Register on the first day of Freshers weeks to be a student at Brunel officially. I think during Freshers Fair on the second day of Freshers you can signup. Ask the Football team during the sports trials. :smile:
Reply 423
TheNihilist
You need to Register on the first day of Freshers weeks to be a student at Brunel officially. I think during Freshers Fair on the second day of Freshers you can signup. Ask the Football team during the sports trials. :smile:

ok thank you. Just didnt want to go through a year of missing out. x
eli2ab3th
I know should most probably make a new thread for this but.. It is going to be my birthday soon, and was wondering where to go in Uxbridge. If anyone knows any nice restaurants and bars could you let me know. Thanks

Ask is nice :smile: so is pizza express! as for bars, eeeerm, uxbridge doesn't have too many bars though a new one has just opened called Base Bar (there's a fb group on it) or there's liquid, else uni bars are good for bdays or you could venture on the train to Reading which has plenty of bars (£6 return if you buy tickets in groups and the last train back to west drayton is at 2.15am)
so those who are going to accomodation.. I've heard that we need to pay a small fee at registration is this true?
iced_dragon_agility
Ask is nice :smile: so is pizza express! as for bars, eeeerm, uxbridge doesn't have too many bars though a new one has just opened called Base Bar (there's a fb group on it) or there's liquid, else uni bars are good for bdays or you could venture on the train to Reading which has plenty of bars (£6 return if you buy tickets in groups and the last train back to west drayton is at 2.15am)

Thank yoou :biggrin:
I will have to look into Base Bar and I will most probably end up going before just to check it out lol.
Can non Brunel students go into the on campus uni bars?
jessyfantastic90
so those who are going to accomodation.. I've heard that we need to pay a small fee at registration is this true?

Are you fedging kidding me?

They want £250 a month before the student loan comes in then they want you to move in the week before you get your student loan and now they want more flipping money.

I just can't afford this kind of thing, I don't have any money and neither does my mum. Thank god for my overdraft I'm already £250 into.
Norfolkadam

They want £250 a month before the student loan comes in then they want you to move in the week before you get your student loan and now they want more flipping money.

I just can't afford this kind of thing, I don't have any money and neither does my mum. Thank god for my overdraft I'm already £250 into.

I don't know I'm just asking?
jessyfantastic90
I don't know I'm just asking?

Yeah sorry I'm just angry at Brunel about the whole deposit thing and also angry that I don't get any money for a week after starting Uni.
you don't pay anything when you get there for accomodation. You've paid your deposit, and that's it.

yeah, student loans won't go in until the monday after freshers unfortunately.
eli2ab3th
Thank yoou :biggrin:
I will have to look into Base Bar and I will most probably end up going before just to check it out lol.
Can non Brunel students go into the on campus uni bars?

yes they can, you can sign them in for £1 each as long as they bring id.
Reply 432
Norfolkadam

Uhh.. my bank won't even allow me to take out the Overdraft yet until my Student Loan comes through. =\
.SR
Uhh.. my bank won't even allow me to take out the Overdraft yet until my Student Loan comes through. =\

What bank are you with?
Reply 434
im ereeeee
how many clothes are you guys bringing?
Norfolkadam

Welcome to the big bad world :wink:
Reply 437
jessyfantastic90

everything i own. even then i wear a lot of stuff not suitable for winter. so i need to go out and buy some more clothes. ASOS to the rescue for me!
Brunel is rubbish they didnt let me in
Reply 439
moneymakerRP
Brunel is rubbish they didnt let me in

Which obviously means it's rubbish...:rolleyes:

jessyfantastic90

I think this may have been aimed at girls but I'm bringing all my clothes, and will probs need to buy more :smile: ASOS 4tw El Torres!

Latest