Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am using this awesome memory system that just got from www.studysuccess.co.uk - its really amazing how much stuff you can learn with it! I did some mnemonics in psychology - but this system is much more powerful!! I have just won a bet with my housemate that I couldnt learn her 67 item shopping list and could do it - and recall in any order after just looking at it for 20 mins!!!
    It makes even my hardcore sociology dead easy to learn - reckon its cut down my revision time massively!!!

Check out the site - I think its totally changed the way I do revision

http:\\www.studysuccess.co.uk

Kirst xx

ReputationRep:
    I can't get the link to work, it just keeps coming up with page can't be displayed, could you post it again pls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi^3)
    I can't get the link to work, it just keeps coming up with page can't be displayed, could you post it again pls?
    http://www.studysuccess.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstie_jam)
    Am using this awesome memory system that just got from www.studysuccess.co.uk - its really amazing how much stuff you can learn with it! I did some mnemonics in psychology - but this system is much more powerful!! I have just won a bet with my housemate that I couldnt learn her 67 item shopping list and could do it - and recall in any order after just looking at it for 20 mins!!!
    It makes even my hardcore sociology dead easy to learn - reckon its cut down my revision time massively!!!

Check out the site - I think its totally changed the way I do revision

http:\\www.studysuccess.co.uk

Kirst xx
    This post looks very much like spam from the owner of the website to me - especially seeing as this is a paid for service. Anyway that aside most of the techniques i can see listed are already available for free on the internet so I can't see anyone would pay for this.

However i do think the free test is very clever - when i did it properly i got just 2 on the first test and 10 on the second one using the memory technique. The only problem occured when i tried to take the first test again using the second technique. Correct me if i'm wrong but the questions are displayed for a much shorter time in the first test than in the second, making them harder to remember - so someones fixed the timing to make you do worse on the first test.

Though the technique is effective for remembering ordered lists, it dosn't really seem to be good for much else, you couldn't remember a set of eqations, or a lot of dates for history - as these are not visual concepts.

I would also be interested to know if this improves long term memory. I will come back tomorrow and see if i can get 10 out of 10 on the the second list - thats if i remember!

ReputationRep:
    Actually having a furher poke around the site, I take back some of what I said. The forum seems useful, and even though it isn't that active, the admin certainly seems helpful.

ReputationRep:
    you don't really need sites like these. just read through you notes and see how much you remember.

i did that and got B's and C's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Actually having a furher poke around the site, I take back some of what I said. The forum seems useful, and even though it isn't that active, the admin certainly seems helpful.

got damn right, this is a big help, just did the test and learnt the way, i have a really crap memory but am good with images as my main skill is graphic design.
    so this way of remembering things is exelent for me, i was amazed at the outcome, have already orderd the guide and will be sending cheque soon

ReputationRep:
    thanx for the site.. ill have a better look l8er.

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say that this did virtually nothing for me.

I suspect that the original poster was just the author / sales agent giving it a "plug".

ReputationRep:
    Making money off desperate people/kids? Unethical...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Making money off desperate people/kids? Unethical...
    LOL...by the time you have worked out their system of "memorising" stuff it's probably easier just to sit and learn it how you used to.

ReputationRep:
    I have just won a bet with my housemate that I couldnt learn her 67 item shopping list and could do it - and recall in any order after just looking at it for 20 mins!!!

Kirst xx

This is the biggest load of crap ever. The fact that a "new" member with two posts is raving about something that is a commercial product tells us alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    This is the biggest load of crap ever. The fact that a "new" member with two posts is raving about something that is a commercial product tells us alot.
    Look at his/her posts:

Does anyone know where I can get hold of past exam papers for A Levels - e.g. for psychology?
    Am using this awesome memory system that just got from http://www.uk-learning.net/go.cgi?u...dysuccess.co.uk - its really amazing how much stuff you can learn with it! I did some mnemonics in psychology - but this system is much more powerful!! I have just won a bet with my housemate that I couldnt learn her 67 item shopping list and could do it - and recall in any order after just looking at it for 20 mins!!!
    How likely is it that someone doing a levels is living with housemates?

ReputationRep:
    OK! Its a fair cop - well done for sussing out I am trying to promote www.studysuccess.co.uk. You are a very cynical bunch tho !

However! - nothing I said in the post is untrue - I just failed to mention that the website is run by my partner, and we are trying to increase traffic to the site - which as you will see, has a free tutorial to teach the basics of memory systems, and also a free forum that is designed to support anyone needing help with exams. The Exam Genie system does indeed work very well - and there isnt anything like it on the web. And you can win bets with it - people wont believe how much stuff you can recall !

I am interested in any A level revision papers, because it would really help our site users. A comment about the timing of the first test is that this is shorter, and this is true - but really to stop people getting bored and clicking off - not to cheat. We will increase this timing to make it more fairer. Also - there may be some people who do not get on with the full details of the system - and we do operate a full refund policy - so no one is getting exploited here ! ! !

HOWEVER - apologies are due from me for not being more open - but I wasnt sure what the policy is for promoting other sites here and didnt want to be barred (maybe I will now tho...!) -Anyway, I hope people will use the site - even if they dont purchase - theres loads of free stuff there and more to come

Apologies again - hope you forgive me...
    Kirstie

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.