Turn on thread page Beta

Age limit on Mobile phones watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ro_jay)
    Reverse charge call or even a pay phone card or a charge card!!!
    That requires the child to be near a phone - and dosn't allow the parent to contact the child.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are especially good for when the child starts going into town alone for the first time. Many a time I missed the bus and couldnt find a payphone that worked.
    I think they should be able to have a pay as you go with £10 on it for emergencies anything else they should pay out of their pocket money so they appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there should be an age limit on a child carrying a mobile phone about? I feel that is unessary for them to own one but i have seen primary school childern with them. If to have a contract you need to be 18 i have heard why is there not a age limit on pay as you go?

does it really matter it's only a mobile fone it ent effecting you at all

ReputationRep:
    What are you? Have you got a phone phobia? :rolleyes: Its bullying not nulling, I was trying to figure out what you meant.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go on contract but they would not let me because I was too yong!!!!! And I do know what I mean. I think it is wrong for young children to have a mobile they hardly have any need for it!!!!
    Stupid argument. 20 years ago no one had a mobile phone... suddenly just because I own one means I need it?

If a 11 year old has the money, why shouldn't they buy a phone if thats what they want? Doesn't interfere with you or I does it? And last time I checked we live in a free country more or less.

ReputationRep:
    plus people may get bullied for not having a mobile but they can get bullied for not having expensive clothing, latest games etc.

ReputationRep:
    it comes down to parental preference there shouldn't be laws against it. Personally i wouldn't let an 8 year old have a mobile, the same way i wouldn't let a little kid have a tv in their room. i would only let them have a mobile when they were respnsible enough to use t. Again that coul vary in different circumstances and would be different for different kids.

This is a bit of a digression buti read some article in the paper about these parents that were totally spoiling their kids. One had a 2 year old with a dvd player, cd player, tv playstaion etc in their room. At their age they don't appreciate what they've got and they would just break it . Also in that artilcle there was some dumb woman that spent £200 on a pair of gucci shoes for her babies frst shoes. SHe was saying that they didn't fit and gave her kids blisters but she still "absolutely adored them anyway" Parents like that just annoy me. (i think that annoyed mee more though cos i work in clarks and i can't stand parents that ignore you when you say a certian style will sod their kids feet up and insist on taking them anyway cos they're the prettiest ones ahhhh)

I've seen 5 year olds wandering round with mobiles and it jsut seems stupid, i've also known parents that went on contract for their little darlings and then the kids have run up huge bills cos they wern't responsible enough to have a phone. Personally i know i couldn't live without my phone now but i'm glad i did not have one when i was a lot younger. I think our sort of age group was one of the last school years to have a truely innocent childhood. When i compare myself as an 10year old to some of the kids round today there was no comparison and i'm really glad there wasn't as much preassure to be like mini adults when i was little.

ReputationRep:
    perfect idea, age limits. kids at age 10 and 11 with mobis is jus crazy. u dotn need one until ur about 14 or above even.

ReputationRep:
    retarded argument

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.