Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    there r two times in the year that i absolutly hate, and get so low and despressed i stay in all day for around 2 weeks. this is xmas and new year. all it respresents for me is arguements and bein alone.

i dread xmas, and soemtimes i wish i wasnt here when it come to xmas (evn tho i love the songs... jongle bells! jingle bolls! teeheehee)

just me?

ReputationRep:
    why do u dread Xmas. what is it about it that u hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    why do u dread Xmas. what is it about it that u hate.
    every single xmas n new yr iv had has been horriable! either ma parents end up fallin out and havin a massive arguement, and im left alone all upset. or im just left alone while mum and dad r asleep. iv never had a ncie crimbo in m alife

ReputationRep:
    ah, well that can be understandable.

maybe you could ask one of your friends to let u spend Xmas with them.

ReputationRep:
    I like xmas but i dont like feeling pressurised to have a brilliant time on new year. I also hate the way its so coupley it is rotten when you are single. Mum always starts hankering after grandchildren so we can have a family xmas and starts hinting that its about time I got serious .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I like xmas but i dont like feeling pressurised to have a brilliant time on new year. I also hate the way its so coupley it is rotten when you are single. Mum always starts hankering after grandchildren so we can have a family xmas and starts hinting that its about time I got serious .
    i love the runnup to christmas but the actual day and that no man's land between xmas and newyear is sooo depressing...i also find it depressing cos it's cold and dark and everyone sits at home stuffing their faces ad watching tedious repeats of Only Fools and Horses. *deflates*

ReputationRep:
    mmm i tried but their family dont want other people (if u get weot i mean) i was hopin to spend it wit ma bf this year but i dont think his parents wud b 2 happy...

ReputationRep:
    maybe they would just want a family christmas.

god this is making me feel so guity now. my whole family comes round on christmas day and we have a HUGE family party.

and believe me, i have a BIG family. i'm willing to bet that i'm related to half of liverpool.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dude)
    maybe they would just want a family christmas.

god this is making me feel so guity now. my whole family comes round on christmas day and we have a HUGE family party.

and believe me, i have a BIG family. i'm willing to bet that i'm related to half of liverpool.
    Tell me about it - my dad is one of 9 - 7 brothers 2 sisters...and only 2 of them haven't got kids. Everyone used to go to my nana's on Boxing day (and a lot of them on christmas day) but since she died it's eased off a bit.

For me christmas is my new year - it's the day things start from and the way I measure another year gone. New Year is just another day/night and usually a disappointing party...this yrs we're planning to spend the day in Camden shopping and eating, go out early evening for a chinese banquet and then go home and get mullered in front of the tv...every other plan involves either driving or expensive (and impossible to get hold of) taxis.

ReputationRep:
    to m christmas has lost its significance l8ly. everyone tries too hard in my house for it to be fine and lots of times we have a pointless argument about something.

and i cant always do what i want to do and be with the people i wanna be with cus its not how it works and that makes it less interesting.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.