This discussion is closed.
Blamps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I hope for your sake,that you're joking.
whatever..it's not like I go around researching religion given that it is unimportant to me and I am not a follower of any religion..
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
How come the Catholic church does not look favourably upon the Jews if Jesus was a Jew himself....
Maybe because the jews were the cause of His crucifixion.

For the record, I have no problem with any Jew, as don't many people i know.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
whatever..it's not like I go around researching religion given that it is unimportant to me and I am not a follower of any religion..
But you'll research, and lay into one when you feel like it?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I never really laid into Catholicism in the first place...I just mentioned that the Vatican turned a blind eye to the holocaust although I realise that this does not apply to the majority
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe because the jews were the cause of His crucifixion.

For the record, I have no problem with any Jew, as don't many people i know.
what about Pontious Pilate?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Mr. Ignorant no I didn't fail my A Levels as I am now at University so sorry to burst your bubble about that; and Catholicism is Irelands offical religion; I never said they owned the legal rights to it, also idiot I said the proper Irish army not the IRA. I suggest you get your facts straight the next time you try and use your tiny brain to attempt to make a judgement\opinion.
Well, you are quick to misjudge Protestantism (although I am not supporting Protestantism) on what has happened in Ireland
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what about Pontious Pilate?
The jews handed him over to the barbaric Romans.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Mr. Ignorant no I didn't fail my A Levels as I am now at University so sorry to burst your bubble about that; and Catholicism is Irelands offical religion; I never said they owned the legal rights to it, also idiot I said the proper Irish army not the IRA. I suggest you get your facts straight the next time you try and use your tiny brain to attempt to make a judgement\opinion.
and given your attitude towards the English, why don't you ****ing stay in Ireland?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The jews handed him over to the barbaric Romans.
still, why not actually balme the Romans since they were the ones who finished him off?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
still, why not actually balme the Romans since they were the ones who finished him off?
Maybe because He wouldn't have been murdered if it wasn't for the Jewish council. They knew the Romans were going to kill him.
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe because He wouldn't have been murdered if it wasn't for the Jewish council. They knew the Romans were going to kill him.
lads lads your going around in circles, lets not start playing the blame game
lala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I never really laid into Catholicism in the first place...I just mentioned that the Vatican turned a blind eye to the holocaust although I realise that this does not apply to the majority

That wasnt your original stance if I remember rightly, there was a fair amount of backtracking, and yes you did lay into Catholicism.
You still arent making too much sense. You originally suggested that the Holocaust was something Catholics did to Jews. Then it was pointed out to you how stupid it is to generalise that much about an entire group of people, and you were given examples of Catholics, even those in the hierarchy who risked (sometimes gave) their lives to help Jews. Yet still apparently the whole of the Vatican turned a blind eye? Guess you didnt know about the Popes protests at the deportation of the Hungarian Jews, right? I am at least gad that you have recognised the stupidity of your original stance which appeared to implicate all Catholics, but evidently theres still work to be done if you're highlighting Catholic flaws while not mentioning that Churchill and Roosevelt for example were well aware of what was going on.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am Irish, and I love Ireland more than anything it is absolutley fantastic; if I failed my A Levels I was going to join the Irish army.

Dislike protestants though if you wanna be Church of England **** off back to England then; Ireland is its own country with its own religion not some English colony.
you seem to dislike the fact that Ireland is regarded as a colony yet you exercise a colonial's rights by coming to the UK and taking advanatge of the English education system...what is wrong with the Irish system?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hotnanoo)
lads lads your going around in circles, lets not start playing the blame game
Yeah stop it.
Apart from anything else, the New Testament differ on that issue so you're not going to get anywhere, and its not a good idea to get into this kind of discussion.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
That wasnt your original stance if I remember rightly, there was a fair amount of backtracking, and yes you did lay into Catholicism.
You still arent making too much sense. You originally suggested that the Holocaust was something Catholics did to Jews. Then it was pointed out to you how stupid it is to generalise that much about an entire group of people, and you were given examples of Catholics, even those in the hierarchy who risked (sometimes gave) their lives to help Jews. Yet still apparently the whole of the Vatican turned a blind eye? Guess you didnt know about the Popes protests at the deportation of the Hungarian Jews, right? I am at least gad that you have recognised the stupidity of your original stance which appeared to implicate all Catholics, but evidently theres still work to be done if you're highlighting Catholic flaws while not mentioning that Churchill and Roosevelt for example were well aware of what was going on.
I did not suggest that the Catholics commited the halocaust against the Jews...and the Vatican did turn a blind eye although the Vatican will not release documents that would help to prove whether they were or were not involved...yeah, yeah...I know about the politicians but since the argument was about Catholiciam does it not make sense to stay within those boundaries
lala
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Blamps is more about assumptions. Research and knowledge are not a high priority for him.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did not suggest that the Catholics commited the halocaust against the Jews...and the Vatican did turn a blind eye although the Vatican will not release documents that would help to prove whether they were or were not involved...yeah, yeah...I know about the politicians but since the argument was about Catholiciam does it not make sense to stay within those boundaries
Anyway, you seem to be very quick to protect Catholicism and not Protestantism, which Murphysmoment was laying into on what has happened in Ireland...much the same as my initial misphrasing against Catholics
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anyway, you seem to be very quick to protect Catholicism and not Protestantism, which Murphysmoment was laying into on what has happened in Ireland...much the same as my initial misphrasing against Catholics
is there not a slight bias there?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes you did. It was on the Islam- the big argument thread, I think your phrasing was something like "I cant forgive the Catholics for what they did to the Jews". But I'm sure people can check themselves- I quoted it so dont bother trying to edit.
Its good that you've finally admitted that the politicians turned a blind eye- well done, it took you long enough but a breakthrough is a breakthrough. But no it doesnt make sense, since when apportioning blame you chose only to mention one group, that one being one against whom you happen to be prejudiced (and you had to be berated into admitting that actually Catholics also helped Jews- and indeed were a target for the Nazis themselves at times, so it really isnt quite as simple as you make out). Therefore you were singling out, for your own bigoted reasons.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Yes you did. It was on the Islam- the big argument thread, I think your phrasing was something like "I cant forgive the Catholics for what they did to the Jews". But I'm sure people can check themselves- I quoted it so dont bother trying to edit.
Its good that you've finally admitted that the politicians turned a blind eye- well done, it took you long enough but a breakthrough is a breakthrough. But no it doesnt make sense, since when apportioning blame you chose only to mention one group, that one being one against whom you happen to be prejudiced (and you had to be berated into admitting that actually Catholics also helped Jews- and indeed were a target for the Nazis themselves at times, so it really isnt quite as simple as you make out). Therefore you were singling out, for your own bigoted reasons.
Look, I really couldn't give a **** about Protestantism, Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, or any other religious organisation...point being is that you are very quick to protect Catholicism and not Protestantism as suggested above....is it not therefore a paradox for you to claim I am a bigot whilst you are not?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.84%
No (446)
48.16%

Watched Threads