This discussion is closed.
loftx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by felixjmorgan)
i already know html. i used lissa explains but i didnt like it much. the best site is http://www.w3schools.com i used that for all my coding. i dont get css much though. i tried learning asp but its soooo hard!
Nah IMO asp was the easiest scripting language to learn, but then i already do a lot of programming. I never really learned html at all, just picked it up from using dreamweaver.

If you do want to learn asp i reocmmend sams teach yourself asp in 24 hours its only about £15 and is a great book which teaches you pretty much everything about asp - ive been programming asp for 3 years and still use it.
felixjmorgan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i have a book on asp but i got it from the library and havent returned it! i cant use that library again now! lol. i would buy it but im living on the cash of a 15 year old. i have an income of £14 a week!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have a book on asp but i got it from the library and havent returned it! i cant use that library again now! lol. i would buy it but im living on the cash of a 15 year old. i have an income of £14 a week!
Ah well theres lots of good stuff on the web, anyway im a student with no income (well i get a student loan and stuff) and have outgoings of around £100 a week :eek:
felixjmorgan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Ah well theres lots of good stuff on the web, anyway on a student with no income (well i get a student loan and stuff) and have outgoings of around £100 a week :eek:

eh?
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
eh?
Ah that should have been "im a"
ladyblitzer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

there are good stuff there.

but when it comes to html... lots of sites are good as well. CodeAve is ok.

my site's done with notepad http://trish.red-silhouette.org
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, I've started with programming almost 8 years ago when I was 11 years old. My first 'project' was a web page, iIt was just a couple of HTML tags written with notepad so I guess you are in the right path.
I played with Front Page a little bit later and I left it behind soon.

My advice is : always try to use the lowest technology. Front Page hides the 'magic' from your eyes. If you want to be a real programmer never use things like that or Visual Basic.

Personally I prefer Perl as a server side language but I'll still use C++ anytime anywhere.

Nowadays I'm working as a C\C++ programmer here in Spain, of course I'm not sticking to it, I'm learning assembly

My web page
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (207)
51.88%
No (192)
48.12%

Watched Threads