Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    i already know html. i used lissa explains but i didnt like it much. the best site is http://www.w3schools.com i used that for all my coding. i dont get css much though. i tried learning asp but its soooo hard!
    Nah IMO asp was the easiest scripting language to learn, but then i already do a lot of programming. I never really learned html at all, just picked it up from using dreamweaver.

If you do want to learn asp i reocmmend sams teach yourself asp in 24 hours its only about £15 and is a great book which teaches you pretty much everything about asp - ive been programming asp for 3 years and still use it.

ReputationRep:
    i have a book on asp but i got it from the library and havent returned it! i cant use that library again now! lol. i would buy it but im living on the cash of a 15 year old. i have an income of £14 a week!

ReputationRep:
    i have a book on asp but i got it from the library and havent returned it! i cant use that library again now! lol. i would buy it but im living on the cash of a 15 year old. i have an income of £14 a week!
    Ah well theres lots of good stuff on the web, anyway im a student with no income (well i get a student loan and stuff) and have outgoings of around £100 a week :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Ah well theres lots of good stuff on the web, anyway on a student with no income (well i get a student loan and stuff) and have outgoings of around £100 a week :eek:

eh?

ReputationRep:
    eh?
    Ah that should have been "im a"

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

there are good stuff there.

but when it comes to html... lots of sites are good as well. CodeAve is ok.

my site's done with notepad http://trish.red-silhouette.org

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've started with programming almost 8 years ago when I was 11 years old. My first 'project' was a web page, iIt was just a couple of HTML tags written with notepad so I guess you are in the right path.
    I played with Front Page a little bit later and I left it behind soon.

My advice is : always try to use the lowest technology. Front Page hides the 'magic' from your eyes. If you want to be a real programmer never use things like that or Visual Basic.

Personally I prefer Perl as a server side language but I'll still use C++ anytime anywhere.

Nowadays I'm working as a C\C++ programmer here in Spain, of course I'm not sticking to it, I'm learning assembly

My web page

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.