..anna..
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thanks.. will probably take you up on that!! struggling through it slowly.. a week or to and ill probably post send it to you!! Trying to find a good opening line.. something that doesnt start with.. " i have always been interested in........"
Thanks again..
Anna
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could always turn the sentence around e.g., .... has long interested me (where you start with your interest).
..anna..
Rep:
?
I could. thats quite clever actually!!
My mum wants me to start with telling them how i won a trophy for being "the most joined in" at a butlins-type holiday... meaning i did eveything but never won..
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You are probably best writing a draft with all the stuff that you could mention this will probably take you well over the word limit. Then (perhaps a few days later) read through and edit it, leaving only the most relevant stuff.
..anna..
Rep:
?
Thats what im trying.. Thanks for your help! Im sure you have better things to do!!!
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thats ok, I was visiting the site anyway.
..anna..
Rep:
?
Hello..
still struggling on with the personal statement. Written why id want to do course but now i need to write about myself! ARGH!!!!!
Just wondering what type of thing you hope to go on to when you leave uni? Just to see if people doing the course have similar ideas as me! (hope thats not being too nosey!!)
Thanks again... Anna
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am not too sure yet!

Working on conservation/ecology projects Overseas or in the UK seems to be the most popular idea. Other possiblites include working for government based environmental organisations, studying an MSc/PhD, going into teaching....

Ian

Ps I hope that all makes sense - if not I am happy to rewrite it.

Pps Good luck for results day.
..anna..
Rep:
?
Oh good... similar ideas then!! Results day went good!! An A in Geography and 2 Bs in biology and psychology...!!!! Huge shock as i was completely sure i failed geography!!!??!?!
Ive completely fallen in love with this uni through the prospectus.. cant wait to see it in the flesh!! Hope i get accepted!! ahhh!!!! sorry.. bit hyped up after yesturday!!
Im sure i will be on here again soon asking for more help with personal statement!!!
Thanks again Ian,
Anna

ps/ any luck with finding a copy of your personal statement?? :/
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done on your results!

Sadly no joy on find my personnal statement I am afraid.

I know what you mean about falling in love with the place through the prospectus, it has happen to quite a few people (me included).

Ian
Jameshairbomb
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
Wot up ppl?

Who is going to UEC at the end of september?

Well firstly I am.

Secondly a shout out to all ma peeps in the dirty south of London, holla at ya boi.

Thirdly pls tell me if you are so then i can at least know someones name before i go there and crap myself with fear.

Fourthly and finaly: get to know me cos the student president will become my job at uec and therfore goodbye to Dan Parker R.I.P mate

P.S my name is james im 18 bout to read geographyFL87 at uec and about to waken up the countryside. im freindly and approachable get to know me as im not nice wen i hate u im a b.i.t.c.h. Call me JJ.
peace out. :tsr:
Jameshairbomb
?
Report 16 years ago
Wot up ppl?

Who is going to UEC at the end of september?

Well firstly I am.

Secondly a shout out to all ma peeps in the dirty south of London, holla at ya boi.

Thirdly pls tell me if you are so then i can at least know someones name before i go there and crap myself with fear.

Fourthly and finaly: get to know me cos the student president will become my job at uec and therfore goodbye to Dan Parker R.I.P mate

P.S my name is james im 18 bout to read geographyFL87 at uec and about to waken up the countryside. im freindly and approachable get to know me as im not nice wen i hate u im a b.i.t.c.h. Call me JJ.
peace out. :tsr:
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi James,

Don't worry about not knowing anyone, everyone will be in the same position. Freshers' fortnight is a great time for getting to know people - just make the most of it. Freshers' fortnight website.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ian
..anna..
Rep:
?
Hi James...
I am hoping to start at UEC in 06....(if they let me in that is!) going down to open day on the 15th (v.excited!!!) Might see you there... hope your enjoying Freshers week you lucky people you.
Byyeeee
Anna

Ps. Ian.. you promised you would ask your tutor for Ps... any luck??
I.G.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi anna

Afraid my tutor doesn't have a copy of my personal statement any more.

Ian
..anna..
Rep:
?
Hmm... well i guess you only have one option... to grow your surfy hair.
If you can't wait for it to grow.. i will buy a hair extentions kits and do it for you at open day... there we go.. problem solved! :punk: we can die it purple like this if you want too.. up to you. I say go for it!!
Anna......
xemilyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey anna!!!!!!! you posted on aber just for me so i thought i would post here pleased to know you had fin at the open day
..anna..
Rep:
?
your a nutter
..anna..
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi Ian,
Just wanted to thank you for your help at open day! My parents can not stop singing your praises!! I am sure i will be asking you more and more questions about the course as i wait to find out if i have been accepted or not! Its going to be a long wait!
Thanks again.. Anna
Mining Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey there.
Just thought Id jump in and say that UEC is fantastic. You can get away from a really busy uni where you dont know anyone on ur course to one where you know everyone. I am the President of Camborne School of Mines and must say in our defence that, we are a small community that have moved from Camborne, we may seem a bit of a rough lot, but trust me we arent. Just proud. We do mingle aswell and do our own thing. there are other societies such as Geogsoc -the geography society which organise stuff and FXU our student union organise wicked stuff too.
As to Man*****- yes there is a guy called that. His real name is Si and fancies himself a little bit, but he is harmless seriously. some people get annoyed with him but hey, some people are just irritating. hahaha.
anyway hope you have fun and choose a nice uni.
It rocks down here.

Holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
54.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.96%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.4%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed